MY sons not a abused! I am a first time mom . I keep telling my son he can not masterbate in front of company or in front of the window. He keeps doing it .... I already tried many things I know for a fact he was not abused., What gives?

Why is he doing it so much? Do you think it is becuase he got attention from it?

Or is it normal for uncut boys...

I tell him he has to go to the room and close the door and no window?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:41 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I would maybe ask his Dr about it. I know it is normal up to a certain age, but if he is old enough to understand and is still doing it in front of other people that needs more attention. You mentiuoned he is uncut, is he getting cleaned good enough? Or is this obviously for pleasure? I would probably keep doing what you are already doing, and like I said, ask his Dr if there is a reason he keeps fiddling with it, it may be a medical thing.
    Anonymous

• LOL im sorry i dont mean to laugh at your expense, but i babysat a girl that would do this alll over the house, i always sent her to her room and tried to explain to her that its for bedroom only....i dont from what ive heard after 5 its for pleasure...but your son could just be learning/developing faster...it sounds like hes truly fascinated by the fact he has a penis and touching it feels good. hes a child so hes proud of what hes got dont forget children arent born shy or ashamed!!! we instill that in them unfortunately..you sound like you really handled the whole situation well...hes proud to have a penis!!!! and he wants to show everybody regardless to what mommy says...be patient and try talking to him again!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 10:48 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• How old is he? I think it's normal but he needs to know this exploration should not be done in front of company!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:57 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• My friends son is 5 and does this, and i think it's for his Mom's reaction. My biggest suggestion would be to not show him a 'freak out' sort of reaction. At least it's only at the house, my friends son does it in the grocery store. I do think he's showing off and just keep telling him calmly but sternly that he can't do that and has to go to his room.

Anonymous

• Also, maybe you can think of something else that he made or did that he can 'show off' when company comes to help him feel like part of the big crowd.
    Anonymous

• It is very normal for uncut boys as this is how they get it to naturally retract. That being said though he needs to have boundaries as to where it is allowed. If I ever caught my son doing it I would say that is to be done in your bedroom or bathroom only and promptly take him there. I did this even when company was around. My son started when he was about 2.5 years old, he is now 4 years old and still does it, but will quietly walk to his bedroom first. Also make sure that your SO is not "adjusting" himself in public! My DS realized daddy could do it at around 3.5 years and quickly pointed that out to me. I then made it a point to discreetly remind DH anytime I saw him do it too!
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:43 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• My son is almost 3.5 and I'm constantly reminding him to keep his hand out of his pants, He's not masturbating, he is just holding it or poking at it, exploring we'll say. Unfortunately he is not shy and I have to remind him several tiems a day of when this activity is appropreate/ vs. when it is not. Good luck!!
    MooreTrio

Answer by MooreTrio at 12:06 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• YEs he knows now theres places for this he has slow down now on it.... Knows now tihsi a private thing...
    Cutenessmom

Answer by Cutenessmom at 3:22 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Thanks he has lighten up alot now that he is five...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:21 PM on Sep. 19, 2011