Tailbone pain

I bruised my tailbone when I had my son Gauge 7-7-08 and my doctor told me it would quit hurting after a while. And it did.
Now I am 8 months pregnant due Aug 8th and the baby weighs over 4lbs already. Gauge weighs 23lbs and he's only 11 months so I still pick him up. I try to avoid carrying him around bc I noticed my lower back was hurting. Then I tried to start sleeping with a body pillow. Nothing helped.
I asked my doctor and he told me about the tailbone really being 6 bones acting as one and spreading out during pregnancy. Then he said a cyst could have formed on my tailbone and it would have to be drained. I told him the pain was in one remote area, and it was directly on my tailbone- I cant even sit on my butt now! Its beyond painful to shift my weight.
But then he left it at that. Now how the heck do I know whats going on? Should I just call and ask him again? I feel like I missed something.

MommaWoods

Asked by MommaWoods at 10:41 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes, ask again. Tell him it's intolerable and you need something checked or done.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:05 PM on Jun. 11, 2009