What seems to be the best diet plan around or the best affordable pill or plan?

I am starting full time college soon and i work full time and I am a single full time mom, I need something that works. I don't have time to waste. I tried south beach and P90 didn't comitt to either one. Thought about either Alli or the Rachael Ray. has anyone tried these?

stprice

Asked by stprice at 10:44 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• try the atkins diet. or simply just go low on the carbs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:14 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• When you go on a diet, or use a diet aid, you are just putting yourself on the gain/loss rollercoaster; frustrating for you, & hard on your body. In order to get to and maintain a healthy weight, you need to have a healthy lifestyle; this has the added bonus of setting a great example for your kids.
    Start with regular exercise, as simple as walking, for at least 20 min a day at least 3 times a week. Next, drink your water! at least 8 8oz glasses a day. Now, eat your fruits & veggies! 7-8 servings a day, in at least three different colors. Eat your whole grains (loaded with fiber, protein, and lots of energy-giving nutrients), 6-7 servings a day. Cut way back on (or eliminate) meat & dairy. Add beans, lentils & tofu to your diet. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html. Feel free to ask me any questions. -Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 7:42 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Robin's right, if you're not ready to commit to any type of diet then this will just be a rollercoaster ride. I've been on the South Beach plan for almost 2 months now. I've CHANGED the foods I eat, the portion sizes, and I've lost 10 lbs. and 7 1/2 inches from my waist. I've also been a single mom working full time and going to college and I know how you never seem to have time. My advice would be to stop buying all the breads, pastas, potatoes and rice for you (your kids will still want sandwiches and stuff) and start paying attention to WHAT you eat. Stick to lean meats, eggs, nuts, plenty of fresh or steamed veggies and fresh fruit. Go easy on the dairy products. Be sure to get a calcium supplement and multivitamin. Avoid sodas and fruit juices.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 9:21 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I have always loved South Beach. But I don't know what to tell you. I recommend that one, because it teaches you how to eat healthy and I don't consider it a diet. I wouldn't recommend any diet pill,those will just make you jittery.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 2:35 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• There are so many dieting myths and even more programs out there that give you inaccurate information on how to lose weight. The Following DIETS DO NOT WORK and are PLAIN BAD FOR YOU! You have probably tried low-carb, Atkins-style diets, or at least heard of them. These diets do not work. They are much too strict, not sustainable, and make your life miserable as your body does not function properly without carbs causing headaches, irritability and loss of sleep. Low carb diets will actually cause you to gain weight after the initial weight loss.
    You know all these so called “low fat” foods that are sold in your local supermarket? These foods are typically calorie ridden and will actually make you gain more weight! ! Low fat foods DO NOT equal weight loss. I'd Recomment A "Calorie shifting Diet" Check this out http://budurl.com/4e4w?
    jwoyjeck

Answer by jwoyjeck at 4:10 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I changed my lifestyle. I cut out all processed foods, eat only lean meats, fresh fruits and veggies, nuts and seeds and very little dairy ( it's called the Paleo diet). I feel so much better and lighter. I don't get blue as often and have seen a change in my mindset.
    I also do Crossfit for workouts. The workouts are generally short but you see max results. (check out Crossfit.com). I love going to my gym because everyone knows everyone and everyone is encouraging, not judgmental and your workouts are scaled to your fitness level and you have your own personal trainer for every workout. It's a family and everyone helps each other.
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 1:24 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• My mom was on Jenny Craig and she lost a lot of weight. But I asked what can I do that is a little inexpensive. She said to buy the LeanQuizines. They have breakfast, lunch, dinner, deserts, and even snacks. It'll probably be easy for you since your giong to be attending school. Instead of fast food or in between class changes, grab a snack!She says that its suppose to work...TRY THAT! Im starting tomorrow so i ll let you know.
    kayleesmomma86

Answer by kayleesmomma86 at 10:28 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I have actuall cut back on calories and fat for the past week and drank alot more water, so far i have only lost 1.5 [ounds, but it's a start. The South Beach was too strict for me, I went 3 weeks and cut out all the carbs and lost 8 pounds but then I went on to phase 2 and gained it all back. I have tried almost every diet pill out there thinking i didn't have to chjange the way i ate or worked out or lack of. I have come to realize that it's all in eating fresh fruits and veggies and lean meats, not a lot of breads and pasta but I gotta have pasta and bread at some point.
    stprice

Answer by stprice at 4:36 PM on Jun. 15, 2009