Whats the best birth control? Please help!

I had a baby 4 weeks ago and I do not want to get preggers again. I had an ovarian cyst that turned into a tumor and was removed 4 months ago. Because of that I do not want an IUD. But I want the most effective birth control out there *aside from abstanence*
Most BC pills make me moody and brake out horribly. Any suggestions?

stenhouse_baby

Asked by stenhouse_baby at 10:46 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Abstinence... 100% effective!!!   :)

Anonymous

• I know they do shots, but i have clue of the names. You should ask your Gyno.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 10:48 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• well, unfortunatley, none worked for me, twice with depo shot, and once with the pill.
    HelloKitty86

Answer by HelloKitty86 at 11:01 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Implanon is really good, but one of the biggest side effects of it is irregular bleeding. Other than that I loved it. It's good for 3 years.
    kirstensmommie

Answer by kirstensmommie at 11:09 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• LOL have twins!! J/K. Really an IUD would be the best bet, but the pill is probably how you want to go. Talk to your OB about which is the most effective. Some will say Depo shot, but I've heard it isn't as effective as you're looking for.
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 11:10 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I swear by depo. I got pregnant twice on pills and the IUD almost ruptured my uterus.
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 11:15 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• i have mirena which is an IUD and its the best thing ever its not like most and before that i was on the patch and never had a problem and that was the only thing i used to use. i think the patch is called orto-evra or something liek that good luck
    SAHMof2kids

Answer by SAHMof2kids at 12:31 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• depo provera shot.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:56 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Diaphram: safe, no side effects, no history of class action law suits, no hormones

Answer by rkoloms at 6:27 PM on Jun. 13, 2009