How do get a almost 4 year old to sleep inhis own bed?

My son used to sleep with me and my husband. Then me and my husband split up and at first i lived the comfort of my son in my bed. now he is getting bigger, in fact he will be 4 and he will go to sleep in his own bed then he wakes up and crawls into my bed. I am always too tired to fight this. I need some suggestions.

stprice

Asked by stprice at 10:51 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I just gave this example for a younger child, but it might also work for yours. Try using glow in the dark stars! You can find them at the dollar store. Start him out with one to see what they look like. Each time he sleeps in his room all night, he gets a plastic, glow in the dark star. Put it on his ceiling and soon his ceiling will be full of stars.
    LovetoTeach247

Answer by LovetoTeach247 at 11:22 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I would suggest getting up and putting him back in his own bed... it is going to suck but you're the mom and that's what the job is all about. (yes i think it SUCKS too) He'll learn to stay in his bed soon enough. hey, at least he's starting off there right! My daughter is five and I haven't accomplished that cause I've been too damn lazy.
    momofkearra

Answer by momofkearra at 11:27 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• You're gonna have to work through it, when he wakes up at night, put him back in his bed. It's gonna be tough, you'll get tired, but giving in and allowing him in your bed with you doesn't teach him that he should be sleeping in his big boy bed. Do things to encourage him sleeping in his bed. Get him blankets/sheets of his favorite characters, a stuffed animal, a fan for background noise, etc, just to keep him interested in his room, his bed. Tell him it's a bed for big boys. You can even set up some sort of reward system for when he does sleep all night in his bed to keep him wanting to sleep in his bed everynight.
    princessj05

Answer by princessj05 at 4:47 PM on Jun. 13, 2009