do you mediate on the Bible every day?

How do you pick your verse?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:52 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I try to read the Bible every day. I have a couple Bible studies I do, and I read the Scripture they have listed. I tried reading the Bible in a year, and I think its better for me to jump around and read verses that apply to what I'm going through at the time. I have heard of reading Proverbs one chapter a day and picking out a verse. Proverbs has 31 chapters, 31 days (max) in a month. Sometimes I'll read the chapter that corresponds with the day it is.
    lovepotato

Answer by lovepotato at 12:05 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Well, I read the One Year Bible and I just find the verse that speaks to me the most that day.

Today my verse was from proverbs and it said, "Better to be patient than powerful; better to have self control than to conquer a city." (16:32). I needed this verse because sometimes I have a hard time being patient with my dd, but if I lose my patience I lose my respectability. so that was the one I thought about today. I even caught myself twice, about to snap at her, and I remembere the verse and gathered myself and corrected her with dignity.

I was also greatly blessed this morning as I read about the death of Stephen in Acts; he was killed for his faith, and the apostle Paul was there approving of his death. I can't read that without crying. He says, "Look, I see the heavens opened and the Son of Man standing in the place of honor at God's right hand!" right before he dies. I hope I see heaven before I die : )
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 11:04 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I don't mediate on the Bible that might hurt my rear end. I meditate on my mat.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Jun. 12, 2009