Anybody a nurse??

If you are:
Where do you work? (not necessarily the hospital, but what unit or type of patient do you take care of)
What do you like/not like about your job.

I graduate with my nursing degree this December and just want to hear what some other nurses think about their profession. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:10 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'm in school to be a nurse, i've been a CNA for 6 years and the only type of work i've done is nursing homes and in home care. I still work in a nursing home, i love working in geriatrics. It's great... i especially love working with Alzheimer's residents. For a cna or a nurse, the pay usually isn't in a nursing home, it's a lot of work. The in home care, i just LOVED, i had PLENTLY of time to spend with the resident, no rushing, like in a nursing home... there is no time to really get to know people because you have so many others to take care of. The key with in home care is to find a good company to work for. They'll pay you for gas mileage, depending on your area, they'll even get you a gps and help pay for maintenance costs on your car and even give you something for your cell phone bill. I would recommend anyone try in home care, especially if you're new to nursing. Gives you a chance to take your time to learn more.
    princessj05

Answer by princessj05 at 11:28 PM on Jun. 11, 2009