overweight and TTC

How much can weight affect fertility? for instance, i'm probably around 30-40 pounds overweight. is this enough to impact it, would my chances be better if I lost weight. I probably won't start TTC for a couple years so I have some time to lose it, but i'm just wondering.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:13 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• My SIL's goal weight (what the docs told her to weight) was 130 lbs. She weighed 214 when she got preggo. I was ultra skinny when I got preggo with my first and quite a bit larger when I got preggo with my second.
    Anonymous

• your fine
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• A couple years is plenty of time to get yourself to your healthy weight. It may make it easier to conceive. It may also make the pregnancy easier. The extra can have an effect on your fertility, just as being underweight can.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 6:48 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I think you will be fine. I was considered overweight for my height, but didn't feel it. As long as you are healthy you should be fine. On a side note, I wish I would have lost alot more weight before I became pregnant. It is much more uncomfortable to be decent sized and pregnant on top of that. Also, I deal with days of depression due to my size now. It is hard looking at cute pregnant ladies who are smaller and just have a big belly. Everyone is different and some people gain it everywhere in their pregnancy, not just their stomach. If I could do it again, I would have defenitely tried losing more weight before I got pregnant.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 10:13 AM on Jun. 12, 2009