Since its a topic tonight...To everyone who is upset about what people purchase with their foodstamps here is my comment to you...

Been on my mind...i figure why not go ahead and say what i gotta say....if you dont complain about this, dont question it. then read for laughs, dont worry about commenting. And this isnt being snotty. sorry if it comes off that way.

Im am very happy for you that you have the income you need to be fortunate enough to provide for your family...you can take them out to eat and enjoy it. Someone on here the other day was specifically commenting on the fact that someone recieving stamps bought steak, well going out to eat and ordering steak for me and my SO would be 40 bucks!!! WERE BROKE cant do it..if i go to the grocery store and buy steak i can cook it for about 15...So why does it matter that im on assistance and buying NICE things, do i deserve less because i cant afford it out of my "own pocket" ive worked, paid taxes, almost graduating with a BS in Psych, im educated, just hit a bad situation? so whats the problem?!

sweetstkissez22

Asked by sweetstkissez22 at 11:16 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Buy the steaks. And while your at it buy some salad stuff and a few big baking potatoes and toppings. Also, don't forget dessert!!! Just because you fell on hard times does not mean that you should not be allowed to have a nice meal. To the previous poster... I guess you think that I was wrong to have bought steaks, ribs, roasts, etc. with the EBT card?
    ljmcmichael

Answer by ljmcmichael at 11:34 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Buy steak sister! Enjoy, I think you should have nice things too. Spend it where you want!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:19 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Well said sweets... I couldn't have said it better myself. Other than, food is food. What you chose to eat is your own business. If someone wants to purchase all Hostess Ho Ho's.. so be it. It's food!
    Anonymous

• LOL apparently STEAK is for the people who haven't had any problems in life..
    I think we should all hold ourselves to better standards when it comes to food.. why eat cheetos and candy when you can feed your body what it needs to thrive, chicken, steak, whole grains... Everyone has a right to those
    momofkearra

Answer by momofkearra at 11:20 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• clapping

Anonymous

• Why would someone be mad at you for buying steak. Do they want you to buy cheap crap junk food? I'm still trying to figure out why all the junk food is so cheap and the stuff that is healthy for you is so damn expensive. Anyway, enjoy your steak and know that one less person is bitching about you buying steak, lol.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 11:24 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Well stated mama
    MrsDuff

Answer by MrsDuff at 11:24 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I hope your situation improves. However, assistance is for the basics, not luxuries like steak. And yes, taxpayers should be able to say that it is not OK for you to use assistance for luxuries. And yes, if you can not pay for it with your own money, you should be held to some standard. If you do not want others to tell you what you can and can not buy, then you will need to use your own money. Again, I hope your situation improves, but until then, you need to use assistance as it was intended-for the basics.
    Anonymous

• We will never recover from this recession or have a balanced budget as long as there are so many out there that think its OK to spend $15 on steak when you can get more for your money with pasta, beans, etc... there are plenty of us middle class people who have not had a steak in months because guess what-its expensive!
    Anonymous

• Uhh, last time I checked protein was a basic
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 11:28 PM on Jun. 11, 2009