Why so proud?

Why are so many people proud to yell that they feed their kids complete crap and admit they don't know how to cook rather than ask someone to teach them how to cook so they can make their kids healthy affordable food and still have money left for ice cream?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:31 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• i can relate i know this girl whose child is 6 yrs old and 150 and she gives them junk food cause 1 she cant cook and 2 she too lazy to. ppl are dumb that way
    Anonymous

• Why is this question in politics?
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 11:32 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Why do people feel it is their right and business to be all up in somebody else's life? What makes you SO MUCH better to look down on other people?
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 11:33 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Why is this question in politics?

Because they are the same people saying nobody should tell them how to spend food stamps even though they don't know how to shop.
    Anonymous

• Why is it your business!
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 11:40 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Why is it your business!

Because they brought it up. I don't care what they do with food stamps. I wonder why they are so happy to feed their kids garbage.
    Anonymous

• It is sad, there are plenty of easy recipes here on the internet...heck there are even videos. My 10 yr old watched one about homemade lemonade the other day. He watched the video and then made it all from scratch.

There are tons of cookbooks out there too. Our state has little cook booklets availabe to those on assistance with food suggestions and recipes. I have a couple of them. They were giving them out at the grocery store not to long ago. They had samples of a really good bean soup and a chicken and rice dish. Both dishes were inexpensive to make and are pretty quick to make too. I have made the chicken...took about 45 minutes all together and most of that was baking time.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:50 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Because they are the same people saying nobody should tell them how to spend food stamps even though they don't know how to shop.
    ____________________________________-
    Oh please. The point is buzz off. It is not your place to tell the world how to live. I'll bet if I followed you around I could find some things I disagree with in your life.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 11:57 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Yourspecialkid: People have gotten away from home cooked meals to convience. I don't think alot of people make meals from scratch much anymore. I can't say that I do very much. With working close to 50 hours a week I don't feel like being Betty Crocker. My huband does a lot of the cooking, on the grill that is
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 11:59 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• The world is full of dumb people. By dumb I mean not smart. Being smart isn't about how much you know it's about willing to learn. You also can't judge a book by it's cover. Just because a kid is overweight doesn't mean the parent is feeding them junk food. Granted there are kids out there that are overweight and then you seeing them scarffing down McDonalds. That's just wrong but don't assume because a kid is overweight that here isn't another reason besides bad parenting.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 12:08 AM on Jun. 12, 2009