Does anyone else's child fight their sleep a lot?

My daughter is 2 months old and she always fights her sleep....sometimes the only way to get her to sleep is giving her a bath and cuddling with her, then she's out like a light....she's been this way since she was born.

Asked by sweetmissy_05 at 4:22 PM on Jun. 21, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Nothing wrong with a bath and a cuddle! For the first two or three months of Beth's life, I always had to have her swaddled and she slept in the car seat because she absolutely would not sleep in her crib. Some babies just go down easier, and since Sydney's so young, she hasn't gotten a sleeping pattern down yet.

Answer by bluiidmommy at 4:41 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Yeah I have to swaddle Sydney and she sleeps in her carseat in her pack and play...right now I have baby on my lap and she's's sometimes the only way she'll fall asleep lol!

Answer by sweetmissy_05 at 4:58 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• it normal.
    when my daughter was 3 month she will fall asleep by her self or in your crib or when i am holding her.
    If you wanted your baby to sleep try to put some smooth music on...

Answer by mommytobe24 at 5:01 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• EVERY baby fights sleep! it's such an interesting new world! and for the most part, they have someones' undivided attention . . . heck i'd fight leaving that too! it's sooo normal. remember, soon she will be a nauseating teenager who mumbles except when she's yelling hateful things, soo . . . enjoy this quiet, peaceful, cuddley time, even tho I know you're exhausted . . . sing her lullabies and hold her slose and tickle her some and tell her stories of how she's the best baby ever borned.

Answer by thegoddessofwit at 5:39 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• It's normal!! My youngest son would fight a nap big time because he was afraid he was going to miss something. I would lay him down in his crib and he would actually have his eyes closed but be screaming his head off and flailing his arms around.He would be so tired. I'd let him cry but keep checking on him every 10 minutes and talk to him and rub his head and things like that. It took a few weeks of this before he figured out that nap time meant nap time. Both of my kids are still good sleepers and still nap frequently, even at 6 and 8 years old.

Answer by Bethsunshine at 8:39 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• My son Aidan is almost 2 1/2 and we have so much trouble with his sleeping routine it's unreal. He hardly ever takes a nap and he is usually up from anywhere between 10-230 am. My boyfriend tries to take him for walks or outside to wear him out but it doesn't ever seem to work. Sometimes the poor kid literally just passes out from being so tired. So I to don't know what to do with this sleeping schedule.

Answer by talbertchica2 at 9:18 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• my 3 month old is bad about it too. he will cry and scream and squirm. he'll finally settle down and you think he's asleep, then he starts again, but each time is less severe and shorter. especially if he hasn't had a decent nap during the day

Answer by bttrfly8605 at 2:28 AM on Jul. 12, 2008