I am sooo sick of Being shy! Do u think i'll ever grow out of it? seems like its only gotten worse as I've gotten older.

I can't even talk to people and I always come off to be bitchy because I am sooooo Shy. Being bitchy is the only way to keep people away. but I want to have friends and people to talk to....So how does that work??anyone else have this problem how do you deal with it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:34 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• I use to be shy too. Just start small and think of things to say in different situations. I had to make myself talk to people. After I did it for a while it got much easier.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 11:36 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Maybe talk with a psychologist. You are not shy. You're scared and need to find out why.
    Anonymous

• I think shyness is a form of being intimidated. Is that how you feel? Do you feel like you will sound stupid, or boring? Do talkative people make you uncomfortable because it seems so natural to them, but it doesn't for you? It's all in your thinking. You think too much about it that it interferes with you associating with other people. The solution is to NOT think. Don't think about what they will think about you, or how you will sound. Just talk and if they don't mesh with you, let it go. It's not possible to connect with everyone. You will find people who enjoy your company and have the same interests as you.

Anonymous

• I don't know if I feel intimedated. I dont think so. Also I will have days when I am really hyper or tired and I wont be shy at all and other times I am so scared that I cannot even talk to people at all. Its weird, and it makes me look socially akward and weird. my face turns red a lot, and I am almost always uncomfortable meeting new people. I just want to be normal!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• My parents called it shyness but it turns out I have sociophobia and agoraphobia so sometimes it makes me physically ill to be around ppl. That is why I like being online so much! PPl don't scare me here. I'm in control. However, I have to get out in the real world and don't want to let on that I have a problem (small community). So what I do is play act. Yep, like I'm in the school play, playing the part of a character with high self esteem and confidence enough for two! It's my Going-Out-Of-My Apt personae. I asked my therapist if it wasn't just a disorder like a split personality bc now I'm really good at switching from one to the other but he said no. He said we all are multifaceted and have to pull our strength from wherever it is to get through what we need to get through. So pick someone you know is confident and emulate her. I chose my mom. You can do this. It may build up confidence in yourself as well.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I agree with the above anon. Smart advice.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:05 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I used to be so shu in school and the funny thing is that after i got outta school and grew more mature i actually became more confident in my self! I husband also helped me come out of my shell. I just moved not to long ago and im really having a hard time making new friends! Being a stay at home mom dosent make much time for making friends. If you ever wanna talk just find me. Were kinda in the same boat. Everyone in this area is a little more over the top then i am used to so its kinda making me crawl back in my shell... idk :)
    31angelmommy3

Answer by 31angelmommy3 at 1:22 AM on Jun. 12, 2009