Question about varicose veins... 29 weeks preg PHOTO

I am 21-yrs-old and 29 weeks pregnant. I just noticed a very long, protruding varicose vein on the back of my left leg. I know that varicose veins are common in pregnancy... but is something this big/long ok? Should I get it checked out by a doc?
Also, will it go away after I give birth?

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c172/mtbtrichick/IMG_4223.jpg

shannonwooten

Asked by shannonwooten at 11:44 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had 2 like that when i was pregnant with my son he was a big baby i was worried too...but right after he was born they went away i was so glad...it was very painful tho the dr just told me to not be on my feet to much...prop your feet up when ever u seat down but if your worried or it gets worse call your dr and make an appt ...good luck to you & congrats on ur lil one!!
    rissa1789

Answer by rissa1789 at 11:52 PM on Jun. 11, 2009