Anyone have a seemingly clueless roommate?

We let our friend move in while I was pregnant with the warning that this was going to be a family house. We've finally got him to stop having people over all the time, but he still just doesn't get it! He'll watch me put my son down for bed and literally two seconds after he's down he slams doors, turns on lights and his music. Then when my son wakes up from the noise he asks if he's teething or sick?? I just want to be like...really? I've tried politely "shooshing" him and explaining, but still he does it!

If we didn't need the money, he'd be out because I'm pregnant again and I can only imagine how much harder it'll be with him around then.

ours

Asked by ours at 11:58 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I understand needing the money but you are setting yourself up for alot of trouble with your childs sleeping scheduale. Sit your friend down and be very blunt and say"these are the house rules that we ALL have to live by" and if he breaks them, either fine him a certain amount or ask him to leave. the extra money is not worth messing up your kids sleep patterns which causes alot of issues, plus who needs a stupid man asking dumb questions and being a jerk? Its not worth it.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:51 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• You need to include rules in the rental agreement. I am sure that you can find another boarder if he doesn't work out.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:18 PM on Jun. 13, 2009