what to bring?

when i go to the hospital to have my baby what should i bring along? not only for me but for baby too?

jordansmommy414

Asked by jordansmommy414 at 12:02 AM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• take home outfit for you and the baby, soap and shampoo for u to shower. toothbrush toothpaste razor
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Yes, some baby outfits, clothes for you. Razor, toothbrush, toothpaste, brush or comb, shampoo and conditioner and maybe body wash. And maybe a few books or magazines to read during the day while baby sleeps if your not surrounded by people. DH brought our dvd player so i could watch dvds during the day. It was nice.

I was totally unprepared and literally threw things together.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 12:06 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Your own pillows.
    Robe.
    Slippers, warm socks.

chapstick.
    CamiiiCompasion

Answer by CamiiiCompasion at 12:15 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• aww, i didnt get to shower..i had a c-section..it was all bird baths for me!!! but i had sweat pants..wait that was in the dead of winter..hmm..some kinda REALLY comfy pjs..nothing with tight elastic..something for you to wear home..and by all means if you can shower..shower stuff..personally i wanted hair stuff and deodorant!! my aunt took her makeup bag..heaven forbid someone saw her without her mask lol!! bring things that make you comfy...whatever you have extra you can always put back in the car!!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 12:23 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• google "hospital bag checklist" (add pregnancy or labor and delivery if you want, not necessary though)
    it will give you lots of sites that have checklists. take your pick...or do what i did and print them all, then spend hrs comparing them, until your are absolutely sure that you had every possibly thing on one HUGE list. lol.
    i know it sounds silly but i have this thing about being overprepared. i packed and repacked bout 10 times, and had my baag by the door at 28 weeks.
    dont forget a bag for baby's things to come home from the hospital in.
    raineslibramom

Answer by raineslibramom at 2:27 AM on Jun. 12, 2009