why do some christians have and pray to statues of saints when in the bible it says not to worship any carved images and also not to worship anyone but God?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Oh good grief.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 12:08 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• We don't worship them. We pray to them that they may ask God to help us.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• The only people I know who call themselves Christians and pray to statues or saints are Catholics. I'm sure there are more but, my grandma is Catholic so that's why I know about them. God says to not pray or worship anybody or anything but Him. I am not condeming catholics I am only quoting what I've read in the Bible. I know I didn't answer your question, sorry.
    Ilovemy5joys

Answer by Ilovemy5joys at 12:10 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Cause we want to go to hell.
    *Sorry Catholic sisters but we get one of these countingbirds post every night and it is getting old. There is no reason to even explain it as she does not want to know the truth. anyone who is not blue in the face, please go ahead and respond.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• but it says not to have carved images and some people have them. they kinda creep me out so i dont have any. u can pray 2 God directly, u dont need a saints help. jmo.
    Anonymous

• OP here, im new to religion and just wanted an answer, i didnt know if there was a particular reason to pray to them. no offense intended, just curious.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Even the angels say not to bow to them. Ummmmm.
    mommynainai

Answer by mommynainai at 12:19 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• someone send eringobrough a message to answer this. I think she has links for this kind of question. I am going to burger king.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• well OP, lovemy5joys and mommynainai: I suggest you don't become Catholic. And after that you can just let the Catholics worry about being Catholic.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Jun. 12, 2009