Help...

My 2 month old had her shots on Tuesday and she's been okay, just a little fever. She had a runny nose and slight cough starting Monday night but it's almost gone, along with her fever. But all day she has been EXTREMELY fussy. She won't eat and just screams at the top of her lungs. Could this have to do with the shots or something else? I need help, she won't stop screaming and she needs to eat. What can I do? Any advice..thank you!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• oh for crying out loud, I know about autism. I have helped care for a child for the past 6years that has it. I, and his mother, absolutely dont believe it was the shots. CALM down and dont freak the girl out! My baby got really fussy after shots and she is doing just fine. And maybe this woman would rather have a child with autism then a dead one because she didnt get them the vaccine, or cause the death of another baby because that baby was too young for the vaccine and her child was sick!

I would try some tylenol. It has always really helped my baby girl. Ibuprofen helps too but you have to wait until 6months apparently

HunnysFarAway

Answer by HunnysFarAway at 1:32 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• My 1 year old daughter was like that the other day...She had a fever and was fussy a lot didn't eat that much or drink...i took her to the doctor and she had an ear infection..."I was shocked cuz she wasn't messing with her ear at all."

But it also cud be from the shots... but to calm her down give her some tylenol to get rid of the fever and the pain she might b having and then go in a cool room "cuz im pretty sure she's hot from crying a lot." and sing to her or pop in a dvd for her to watch and calm down

hope she starts feeling better!!! If it's still bad tomorrow morning call the doctor right a way!
    nicole0709442

Answer by nicole0709442 at 12:15 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• If her side effect symptoms of the shots are gone, I dont think it would be that. Do you breast feed or formula feed? If breast, is it possible you are not supplying enough? Or maybe she dosnt want ot wait for let down, start your let down yoursef and see if that helps. Or maybe gas?? Sorry Im not more help...Good luck!
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 12:15 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• It could have something to do with her shots, I don't know. But I am 99% sure your dr will say it is not from them. Look up the side effects for the shots that she had, do your research and make your own decision.
    Chick

Answer by Chick at 1:20 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• CLASSIC SIGN OF AUTISM AFTER A SHOT. CLASSIC SIGN ----- DOCUMENT EVERYTHING, GET ON SOME AUTISM WEB SITES. THIS HAPPENED TO MY NIEGHBORS SON, AND i WENT ON WEBSITES AND MOMS SAID THE SAME THING
    SEEKEROFSHELLS

Answer by SEEKEROFSHELLS at 1:21 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Have you tried a warm bubble bath? I know after a bath my kids will freak out at that age...it goes like this...
    screaming kid
    put in warm bubble bath, happy and silent
    take out, screaming at the top of their lungs in low light quite room
    lotion, dress, nurse, baby goes to sleep
    Works 99% of the time with my ds and when me dd was a baby
    I also used heartbeat lullabies with my dd that she loved. they were songs with a heartbeat sound in the background, wish i still had it.
    Chick

Answer by Chick at 1:23 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• At 2 months old she likely got DTaP which is notorious for causing the inconsolable screaming/crying fits. My son did that at his 2 months and then at his 4 months it was worse and he spiked a 107 fever and we ended up in the ER and then at 6 months he almost died from his shot. I had a selective/delayed schedule and pertussis scared me so we ONLY got DTaP at those 3 appointments. I would be calling the doc and making sure they report it to VAERS and then watching her very closely for the next couple days and if you choose to continue vaccinating then watch every time she gets a shot! BTW my son is 4 years old now and has shown absolutely no signs of autism, but he also hasn't had any more shots since that one at 6 months old per doctors orders.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:18 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• You wrote that she started a cough and runny nose on MONDAY night, then on TUESDAY you got her shots done, and last night when you posted this, her symptoms were almost gone but she's been super fussy? It's usually a good idea to wait until they feel better before getting shots. It could be that since she was already not feeling good that the shots just added to that and made her feel worse. Or as was mentioned, it could be an ear infection. If she is still like that today, you might call your docs office and see if they can see her just to check. Hope she feels better soon.
    Krysden

Answer by Krysden at 12:07 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Poor baby, getting shots at such a young age...
    Anonymous