Why do elderly people drive so slowly on the roads?

I see people everyday get so upset at the elderly drivers,I must admit I did too before I noticed who was in the drivers seat. Should there be an age limit for drivers? On the news a while ago they said someone drove into a crowd of people and they asked the drive what happened he/she(can't remember which) said they were confused.

mommynainai

Asked by mommynainai at 12:15 AM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I personally think that once people get 65 they should have to take the road test over to see if they should still be on the road!!
    Deidra08

Answer by Deidra08 at 12:17 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• i 2nd that i cant tell you how many times ive almost been in an accident because of it.........not to be mean but just to make sure they still can safely
    Jessie82808

Answer by Jessie82808 at 12:34 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I love driving behing old people, it gives me time and an excuse to text while driving. lol
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 12:41 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• *behind
    Gigi1969

• a friend of mine explained it to me once. have you seen the giant, wide cars most older ppl drive? they are SO hard to drive (my friend had one). older ppl have a heightened sense of danger (he said) & when you try to drive those old caddy's at normal speeds you feel like you are going to tip over.

i think everyone should have to retake BOTH parts of the drivers test every 10 years or so. there are SOO many idiot drivers out there! here in OK we (those taught to drive in another state) claim it must be OK drivers ed that teaches ppl wrong b/c there are so many bad drivers.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:46 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• there should be a limit on when to stop driving, you have to be a certain age to get your license so it only makes sense to take away it at some point.
    i find old people dont maneuver properly. i about got ran off the road cause this old lady was veering in my lane and when i honked she jerk the wheel so hard she went into oncoming traffic and lucky enough she didnt cause an accident.
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 12:52 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Wow. The deeper question is how will the elderly get around? cabs,or buses maybe?
    Or maybe shuttle service, idk if they would stand for it though. But safety comes frist, I guess the law makers will figure it out one day.
    Anonymous

• LOL! Do we want them driving really fast? I agree that confusion is a huge issue. It is often related to medication or medical conditions, but if they are unsafe, they should not be driving. In our area we had a guy drive his car into a building, then he did it again the next day! Time to hand over the keys. I would be in favor of everyone taking the driving test every ten years or so.
    Anonymous