Teething tablets or tylenol?

Which do you prefer, or trust most? Personally I trust tylenol since its been around forever and I had never even heard of teething tablets before, or used em.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Teething tablets works fast! love using it! but i also like using Tylenol too
    nicole0709442

Answer by nicole0709442 at 12:17 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I trust teething drops, they're not meds, total natural. don't wanna give the kids too much medicin, they'll get immune to it and it won't work on them down the road.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Homeopathic teething tablets work great. I would much rather try the tablets first then if the baby needs something stronger then use tylenol. But my daughter has always used the tablets and has never needed anything stronger.
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 12:19 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I do not like tylenol. If you took one day's worth of tylenol and had blood work at the end of the day, your liver panel would all be out of range. From one day's worth! (6 doses). Tylenol goes directly to the liver. Plus it's action is not fully understood STILL. I use it only when Motrin won't work.

Teething tablets are not new. Certain brands are though, but they are still the same as the original. Plus they are homeopathic. Kids have had problems with them because they were give too much, but that could happen with any thing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I used teething tablets for my son when he was four months old and older for his teething issues. Read the ingredients but they are all natural and they worked wonders for him. Within ten minutes he would be fast asleep. The pain would keep him up and after awhile the gum pain would subside. Too much Tylenol is not good for our liver they are finding out. I try to give as little medicine as possible unless they have a very high fever, and a lot of pain. I am not against by any means but I use it almost as the last resort to natural remedies. I also generally follow the peds advice as well. If he says to administer tylenol then I will give it to him.
    PatricksMama07

Answer by PatricksMama07 at 12:58 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• i prefer teething tablets during the day because my son seems to experience the most pain at night.
    at night i give him motrin, it works better for mouth-related pains versus tylenol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Tylenol should not be given routinely or for very minor reasons. Hylands tablets are all natural, and safer than Tylenol and have been around quite a while but I don't know a time frame, I just know I have always known about them as far back as I can remember. When I do need medicine, I prefer Motrin.
    Chick

Answer by Chick at 1:18 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• tylenol has been used for decades and I have never once seen any medical documentation that people get "immune to it". Thats just ridiculous homeopathic propoganda. If you want to use more natural remedies great, aI use some too, but dont post false info just to get others to agree with you. its very irresponsible and childish.
    do your research.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:49 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Teething tablets are homeopathic and the stuff used in them has been used to ease pain for a lot longer then Tylenol if that is how you are rationalizing things! Tylenol and Motrin can have some serious side effects on the liver and other organs so I try to not use them as much as possible.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:14 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Acetominophen, the active ingredient in Tylenol, is not a benign substance. It can cause liver damage. The Hylands teething tabs are harmless and work.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:09 PM on Jun. 13, 2009