Have you ever just got in your car and left without telling anyone?

I really want to just get away and just leave. I plan on coming back but just wondering if anyone else has did it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• No but I would like to!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I wish i could ...but i'd probably get arrested for leaving two preschoolers home alone. ...
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:20 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I did once. I had worked all day & when I got home, DH was standing in the kitchen with DD, SD, & SS (DD & SD were with their dad) & asked, "What's for dinner?" I was so mad. First, he had been home all day & second, he is a better cook. So, I fixed dinner for them & then grabbed my keys & purse & said I would be back later. I jumped in my car, cranked the music, & drove. About 40 minutes later, I was calmer so I grabbed a coffee & did some shopping (ironically, for SS!!!) & then headed home. It was the best thing I could have done right then. I was in no mood to be nice & if I had stayed, I know I would have blown up at someone. Sometimes I think that Moms just need a few minutes--or hours--for themselves. Take the time you need & don't feel guilty about it. It would be much better to leave DH & the kids for an hour than to get so frustrated that you physically or emotionally hurt one of them.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 12:21 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• yep, used to do it all the time. Now that all x's are gone and kids are grown I'm loving it. I don't have to run away anymore. Sometimes I just went shopping or for an ice cream but good grief I needed a break so bad sometimes!

Answer by admckenzie at 12:26 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I did it today...I took my son and left my 17 yr old behind while she was in the shower...I'm not happy with her this week.
    It is not the first time I have up and left
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:38 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Never. Even now that my kids are all teenagers I wouldn't do that to them.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 11:25 AM on Jun. 14, 2009