Did you know that if you are in labor now they don''t stop you?

I went in the hospital with my friend and she was in alot of pain she wasnt at 38 weeks but they said if she was in labor that they were not going to stop it. Times have changed and im glad because when I get ready I don't want them stopping anything!! LOL!!!!

laydlexius

Asked by laydlexius at 12:17 AM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• they consider 38 weeks full term..there wouldnt be a reason to stop it!? you can have a healthy delivery any time between 38 to 42 weeks!!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 12:20 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• At where I go they don't stop it if your 37+ weeks.
    My doctor told me she wouldn't try and stop my baby from coming if she came a few days before 37 weeks either, because nothing has gone wrong my entire pregnancy. Everything looks good.
    Although I'm glad she has had time to cook to 40 weeks (tomorrow i'll be 40 weeks).
    CamiiiCompasion

Answer by CamiiiCompasion at 12:23 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• My son came at 37 weeks.

The doctor tried to stop the contractions with meds and it did stop it...only while the medication was in me. Once they turned it off, the contractions came back.
    My doctor told me they just wanted to see if my baby was serious about coming. He was!

That was two years ago. He's doing great.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 12:25 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Yes, I know if you go into labor at 36 weeks +, they will not stop it. Gosh, I'm just hoping I will go into active labor tonight. I'll be 12 days past my due date, tomorrow.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 1:01 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• 38 weeks means the baby is full term why would they stop it??? They stopped my labor but I was only 35 weeks. If I go into labor now they will let it happen I am 37 weeks and am scheduled for a C-section next week.
    jennifer8585

Answer by jennifer8585 at 3:06 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I went to the hospital at 39 weeks and 3 days and they stopped mine.
    Buggaboosmama

Answer by Buggaboosmama at 5:27 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• It depends on the hospital and more importantly the doctor. At 37 weeks my midwife will not try to stop, but before that she will. At 39 weeks makes absolutely no sense to stop unless there was some other underlying medical factor in there that you aren't mentioning.. A NORMAL pregnancy is 38-42 weeks. My son was born at 39 weeks 4 days and no one tried to stop anything and my daughter was born at 39 weeks 6 days and no one tried to stop anything there.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:09 AM on Jun. 12, 2009