Pagans

Do you or are you going to celebrate Litha? If you are, what are you doing with your kids? Also, sense it falls on Father's Day this year, how are you balancing that act?

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 12:18 AM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Gosh, I hadn't even thought that far ahead. I'm not sure what we're doing for Litha OR Father's Day. Now I'm stressed! :-)
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 12:41 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• For me Litha is a celebration of the Sun God, Father Sky! So that goes hand in hand with Father's Day!

We'll probably have a "Burnt Offering to the Gods" Ritual/BBQ.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 12:37 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I'm with Collinsky... I am only down to 2 weeks? UGH!!! I'm going to bed, I'll worry about this tommorow when I'm bustin my tail to pay for my DHs gift...

As for Litha, I don't honestly know yet. I tend to be more of a in the moment type, I'll prob. figure it all out the day b4...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:52 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Ok, are there any books I can get familier with all this Pagan stuff. I don't want to learn spells or things like that...I want to be closer with Mother Nature..I've looked online and it kinda confuses me more. Can any of you help me?
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 1:09 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Midsummer isn't as major for us. A blot to Sunna the night before, then that ritual flesh charring MamaK mentioned for father's day would suffice.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:14 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Ok, are there any books I can get familier with all this Pagan stuff.

sacred-texts has a bunch of them online

http://www.sacred-texts.com/pag/index.htm

There's also religioustolerance.org and beliefnet

If you take up an interest in a specific pantheon/branch there are more specific sites out there, too.

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:18 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I should but havent thought about it much lately. I need to get on the ball.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 5:55 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Are you serious....MAN, I hadn't even thought about it. There has been too much going on here.

anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 6:34 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Not sure what we're doing either, for Litha, or Father's Day.

As far as books? As silly as it may sound, for an all-around introduction to Paganism is 'The Idiots Guide' book. I've actually got a few of those on different subjects. DH said a group he used to be with would actually present new members with a copy. They are full of lots of general information, without treating you like an (dare I say it?) Idiot?? lol Sorry we have been sleep deprived of late, it tends to make me silly.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 7:33 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Oh man...Just when I thought I could relax for my day off tomorrow lol. Crap, I didn't realize how close it was! I'm not sure if I should curse at you or thank you. Thanks, I guess lol. Ugh, so much to do in so little time! Father's Day: might get him something (1st Father's Day-ish) and that's all I can think of lol. Litha: No idea. My brain is screaming at me right now to stop trying to think lol.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 2:52 AM on Jun. 14, 2009