Did anyone know that Babylon is being rebuilt in Iraq?

Look it up if you don't believe me.

mommynainai

Asked by mommynainai at 12:22 AM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I believe you. Saddam attempted it but couldnt complete due to outbreak of war. I dont believe that it will ever be inhabited, because God said that it will never be inhabited ever again. It's 2009 and it's still in ruins. They can try but it will not be inhabited.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Give me a break already, geez
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• As long as they commit to historical/archaeological accuracy, I'm all for it. They don't seem to be, but you never can tell.

PS It doesn't fullfil any prophesies. Jack van Impe is wrong. :-)
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 12:48 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Well it would have to be rebuilt in order for Revelation to be correct.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 12:55 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I did know that. And I hope to eventually be able to go and see it in it's completion. Did you also know that it's in worse shape now than ever before? The US solders have been stealing bricks stamped by King Nebuchadnezzar from the walls and sending them home... The military couldn't stop the looting so they actually had to move their base...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:58 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Yes I do
    And it will be rebuilt because it was never fully destroyed in the first place, there have been inhabitants since the first time it was built. The prophecies speaking of its destruction is future in deed. The Babylon they build now will be destroyed... utterly and completely in the end times. It will never be risen again from its evil.
    http://www.askelm.com/prophecy/p021002.htm
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:58 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• sabrina- i looked for what you said about the soldiers, i found nothing except they were moved because they were ruining an archological site. nothing about them stealing bricks being the reason. Although I have heard stories about soldiers doing stuff like that, I just cant find that being the reason for the move in fact not one article I read even mentioned it. Just wondering if I am looking in the wrong place.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 1:40 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• by ruining I mean by running over artifacts and digging up the dirt for sand bags.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 1:41 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• thats cool thanks for sharing :)
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 1:42 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Sure. Sodam Hussein startes it. Was not sure if it is continuing to be built since he died though.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 8:28 AM on Jun. 12, 2009