to young i want to know how people feel about a 17 year old having a baby i amd 17 with a 6 month old so are 2 of my friends i was just wondering peoples views on it

lilshorty545

Asked by lilshorty545 at 12:25 AM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my friend got preg. at 15, had her d when she was 16 then had a little boy at 18, she is a wonderful mom. age doesnt always matter. i wish i could be only half as good as my friend is
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Seriously, I wonder who is supporting the kids. At that age, I didn't make enough money at Mc Donald's to support myself!
    Anonymous

• I don't down any girl for having a child as a teen them self. Cause I had my son at 16. But it is a hard fast way to grow up. watching all my friends doing things silly and growing up while as I was working and paying for diapers. But It can be done and still be a good mother. Wish any young mother the best
    Shaqbe4u

Answer by Shaqbe4u at 12:31 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Its way harder to finish high school or go to collage once you have a kid and you have no real way of supporting them and most likely they wont have a steady father figure and end up being bounced around from one relative to another when that young mom decides she would rather have a life a teenager without kids would have.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• With so many birth control methods out there, why are teenagers having babies to begin with? If you are so inmature you cannot go buy condoms or get on the pill you are too inmature to have a baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• honestly my first thought is that they were irresponsible, but i also know that its hard to raise a baby, can't imagine doing it as a teen, and i hope they still finish high school and are able to support that child. i also hope that the mom is a mom, and not going out partying every night leaving the baby w/someone else so she can "have a life"
    i know of teen moms who stayed home, raised their kids, finished high school w/their parents help and are great parents. i also know ones who used the baby as an excuse to drop out, but went out partying all the time and were horrible parents. but i know married adults who do the same thing. so really its each situation.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:48 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Anon :34 there are many many many adults who have surprise pregnancies. And for the record, I was on the pill when I got pregnant at 18.

And to Anon :32 I'm sure that happens sometimes. It happens with adults sometimes too. But that's not the "norm". I finished college in less than 4 yrs, then got a job as a nanny until DD started kindergarten so I could be with her all the time! Once she started school I got a good paying job. My fiance is a wonderful father to her, she is VERY well provided for, I already have an account with college almost paid for (she is 8). She has her own bedroom, bathroom, playroom. She gets straight A's and got a citizenship award at school. She takes advanced dance.

The point of all of this is....she is an awesome kid with an awesome family and every opportunity in life. Just because she had a teen mom did not make her "doomed" or at a disadvantage.
    Kylie819

Answer by Kylie819 at 12:50 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• i had a friend when i was 13 who got pregnant at 13, she had 3 kids by 19, and she's a wonderful mom. I don't think girls should start so young but not all of them get pregnant by choice. Some girls i know that became teen moms were on birthcontorl that failed (like the shot). Condoms are not always 100% effective either. When i was 16 i had a really good job making $300-$400 every two weeks. I was working for a movie theater. So its possible to make a decent living at 16 depending on the state and what minimum wage there is. When i was 16 it had just moved up to $8.50hr now its $10.50hr. I also had a male friend in high school who got his girl pregnant, and the girl gave up all rights to their daughter, he went to school, paid for daycare, while at school, and when he worked He paid rent and was on his own. He was a good dad he was at the wrong place at the wrong time, and got killed. His lil girl ended up in foster care
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 12:54 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Okay so what are you saying Anon 12:34 that if a teen age girl makes a mistake, that what.... her life should be over ? Or Should end the Pregnancy? Mistakes are made... you learn from them. Grow up if that is what it takes . Going on throw School and finishing is hard with having a child But I also know that if you put your mind to it , it can be done .
    Shaqbe4u

Answer by Shaqbe4u at 12:55 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Im a teen Im pregnant. I already finished High School and moved out of my moms at 16 and began college early so getting pregnant was my choice by not wrapping up and I live with it and I would never stick it on my mom or other family members....BUt
    I also have a great fiance and a stable financial situation so Its not as hard as some teens
    I can see how difficult it is and I just hope that all new moms look at it from a more adult angle and really tbe a good mom

I justsay if ur a teen mommy like im soon to be then just be a good mom...its instinct
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Jun. 12, 2009