Does anyone else think this is absolutely ridiculous?

Ok, My Aunt lost her baby today. She is 32 and has 3 older kids all ready. Nobody in the family was "happy" she got pregnant (due to the circumstances and the child's father), but all but two of us in the family accepted it. My mother called our closest relatives today to let them know what happened, even the two that didn't agree (My Grandpa and other Aunt), and told them she thought it'd be best if they'd call my aunt to let her know that she's loved and that they are there for her. My Grandpa called, but not my other aunt. She told my mother that the world didn't stop because she lost her baby and that her husband told her not to contact my aunt about the loss of her baby because they didn't agree. She also told my mom that they tried for 15 months to have another baby and she couldn't get pregnant and that was like losing a child. Although, she did get pregnant again and another baby. Do any of you agree with her?

ABryn1011

Asked by ABryn1011 at 12:30 AM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• What?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Do you agree with my Aunt by her saying that trying to get pregnant after 15 months of trying is the same as losing a child?
    ABryn1011

Answer by ABryn1011 at 12:33 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Graciousness is always received well. She should offer condolences...she may not have agreed with the circumstances, but she is calling to say she loves your aunt and is sorry she is HURTING! If she can't call, a card is better than nothing.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 12:34 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Ok,
    I don't think trying to get pregnant for 15 months is the same as losing a child.

That's like saying trying to win the lottery is the same as winning and then losing all the money again.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 12:36 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I agree with timelessglass. She should have called or sent a card regardless of her feelings toward the pregnancy.
    I do not think that not being able to conceive after 15 months is equivalent to loosing a baby.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:37 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• No, sounds like your Aunt is a very selfish person. ( to not be very understanding of the lose of a unborn child) that's sad, My thoughts and prays go out to both your aunts really , cause I feel they both need it but in different ways
    Shaqbe4u

Answer by Shaqbe4u at 12:41 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• its def no the same n i think its sad that she couldnt even give her condolences
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 1:03 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Come on no matter what the circumstances a loss is a loss. A baby regardless of "how it happened" is a blessing. Sounds like my family well some of them. Absolutely heartless and I'm sorry no offense STUPID!!!! I have suffered two losses. I have two daughters and lost one pregnancy due to a tubal pregnancy and then had a miscarriage five months later. I am sorry for the loss. And sorry that people especially family can be that way.
    jennifer8585

Answer by jennifer8585 at 3:02 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• It is def not the same! However, suffering from infertlity is VERY painful! It caused me a great deal of stress, anxiety, and heartache! LUCKILY after a few years I got preggo!
    airforewifenmom

Answer by airforewifenmom at 4:42 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• regardless of whether the family agreed with her pregnancy or not . Family is supposed to be there for you no matter what. The Aunt should have called and said I am sorry for your loss. Saying just that....those few simple words are healing to the mother that just lost a child and in no way condones the pregnancy

justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 1:24 PM on Jun. 12, 2009