question about sickness and fellowship?

i had been stuggling with sin, but trying to not do it. I have been feeling sick, and did ask for prayer to feel better. it is my kidneys.. I know God heals.. But how can i except him to heal me, when i hadnot been faithful.. Do u think christians can tell when you are stuggling with sin, that they also avoid you? They say to fellowship with christians. But what if they dont want to fellowship with you? they say , you need to be in the body of Christ, and yet you dont feel accepted.. You just feel alone..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• or turn my eyes to Jesus and have Him take care of me and nurse my broken heart back to health. It took me a while but I finally chose to lean on Him rather than letting the enemy completely destroy me. The sickness was from the enemy not God. I allowed despair in. Bad move. :-) I am all better in that regard but I still cry because I am still healing from the hurt she caused me. Anyway the point I am trying to make is we have the choice to sit and allow things to take over us or to get back up on the horse and ride again. WHen we ride again we will find the joy we once knew and healing will come. You are loved and the enemy is a loser. You are an ocercomer :-) So rise up and take HIS hand and SEE what HE can do! Bless you! :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:10 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• You are in the flesh. God knows you are struggling to do what is right. He will give you healing if it's IN HIS WILL..not as some kind of reward for managing to stop the sin that plagues you. Continue to fight your sin, and pray for healing. Get good medical help as well.
    Ignore the people who point their finger at you and say you are sick because of some hidden sin. You are sick because you are still in the human flesh!
    If your congregation is ostracizing you because you have a long term illness and also struggle with being HUMAN, you should consider another church.

All have sinned and fallen short of the Glory of God.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• You are not feeling well. Along with that comes depression sometimes. You came to a good place to ask for help. We all may butt heads sometimes but there are many Christians who will be glad to pray for/with you. I hope you feel better soon.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 12:45 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Christ died for us so that we could be cleansed of our sins. God LOVES you and will forgive you if you bring Him into your heart and ask for His forgiveness. This has NOTHING to do with you being sick. God is NOT punishing you. If people are telling you this then I'm afraid they might not be true Christians. The previous poster is right-"ALL have sinned and fallen short of the Glory of God". When Jesus walked the earth, He did not heal everyone, but does that mean He only loved those He healed---no, of course not! He loves ALL of us! I think you need to find a new church with a new body of believers who will wrap their arms around you and love you as Christ does.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Be patient...God will heal you in His timing
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Honey... your listening to condemnation... tell it to get its butt out the door. God loves you and cares about you but the enemy is making you feel like crap and Im not talking about the kidney part but the part that says your like this because of this. That is not from God.
    We all get sick from time to time but God also heals. Yes sometimes it can be sin causing it BUT you have the strength in Christ to over come that sin.
    Here is an example... a long time friend of 9 yrs decided recently to cut our friendship off. It put me into shock and despair to the point of depression and not wanting to eat or sleep and cry all the time, I would get physically sick to my stomach, thats how I handle rejection when its heavy like this... I ended up getting the flu because I did not take care of myself. I had to make a choice to either wallow in despair continued....
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:06 AM on Jun. 12, 2009