• In the Spotlight:

Should I say something or should I just let it be done with?

I haven't talked to him or responded in a couple days. Now he is writing me, telling me how I feel and that we are done for good. This sounds like it could be the last message I recieve from him. Should I tell him how I feel and say goodbye or should I just leave it as is?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• I stopped writing him because it seems like he would rather be alone with his alcohol then with us. He is never here and so many times I begged him to be and he would just treat me like crap.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• His loss. Don't embarrass yourself by graveling. If you ignore a man he'll feel way worse about the way he acted than if you yell at him or beg him to come back.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• NO DO NOT RESPOND. That's what he wants to keep this crap up. You know what he's doing now put a stop to it and move on

Answer by admckenzie at 1:28 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• He's blaming everything on me, telling me that we are over with, that we never loved eachother. He is very angry with me and I just somehow feel like I have to defend myself..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:32 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• He's saying anything and everything to get you to respond. Once you do, he's going to think "aha I got her"
    Move on and forget him.
    summerm

Answer by summerm at 1:46 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I swear on all that is holy if you ask us this question again I'll just scream. You are dragging us into your chaos. You are so used to his alcoholic head games that you are trying to play it with us. STOP IT. Either delete his messages and get on with your life or go back and live with the alcoholic. You obviously like playing the game too. GO TO AL-ANON or CO dependents R US or something but for goodness sakes quit thinking we want to keep hearing about you making the same mistakes over and over then wondering and asking us what to do. Take the advice we give or shut up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:52 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I'm sorry. I do admit I asked one other time a question that was kinda like this. I am just so confused and I need all the support I can get. Two years have gone by and getting advice from you guys is the only thing that can keep me strong...sorry CM users, I won't do it again. *tears*
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:02 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• well, I'm several hours late in responding, but hopefully you'll come back and read this.

He wants you to respond. If you respond, then he knows you still have feelings for him, or else you wouldn't respond. Ignore it. If you respond now, then that will just give him a reason to keep contacting you, and it turns into a viscious cycle that won't stop. Let it go. If you really feel the need to defend yourself, why not write a journal on here or make a blog somewhere and respond? Then you get it out of your system but you don't keep that cycle going.

Things will get better. Just give it time. Good luck!
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 8:11 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• please don't listen to anon 1:52 some woman just don't have class. you can say whatever you want ..that's what we're here for. i do the same thing it's hard dealing with things like this. we can tell you don't respond but you gonna do what you feel is best ..it's always like that and then we come back and seek new advice on the same situation..completely normal..don't worry about it keep posting and we will continue supporting you through whatever..but guys like him are jerks ..he want to keep things going ..he wants to feel in control of the situation ..always remember time heal all wounds..keep your head up mommas
    amiyamom

Answer by amiyamom at 9:31 AM on Jun. 12, 2009