if i got pregnant after a laproscopy but miscarries does that mean that my tubes maybe blocked again?

my fear is that i want a baby so badly but i wld have to do the surgery again? i had a really bad experience

nicks445

Asked by nicks445 at 1:08 AM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I am a mother of 3 and a medical professional. I highly doubt that your tubes are blocked again. The miscarriage most likely had absolutely nothing to do with your history of blocked tubes. The fact that you were able to conceive in the first place is evidence that your tubes are open, otherwise sperm would not have been able to reach the egg to fertilize it. You should also feel reassured that you were able to acheive pregnancy in the first place. Miscarriages are quite common and often occur in women without any history of gynecological or fertility disorders. It is estimated that at least 10-20% of pregnancies end in miscarriage, and this number is thought to be even higher (because many women may miscarry before they even know they are pregnant). Miscarriages are typically the result of a chromosomal abnormality in the embryo. I would not be concerned
    pddt2

Answer by pddt2 at 7:47 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I agree, but am not a medical professional. I have one blocked tube and was able to conceive using Clomid. If you had a miscarriage that means you have atleast one good tube otherwise you would not have been able to get pregnant. Miscarriages happen to alot of people. If you ask around I'm sure you will find several people you know that have had one as well. I would think if anything it is good news, in the fact that you are able to conceive normally. Good Luck and keep trying.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 10:07 AM on Jun. 12, 2009