How can I tell if my baby has scoliosis?

For a while now, I've noticed my (almost) 3 mth old hunched over to the left leaving her right side buldging out. I've searched it online, & she shows a few of the symptoms listed. I have everyintention on taking her to her Dr to have her checked out, but it worries me that this wasn't caught earlier. I lay her in one of those lil things to keep her from rolling over, and I see she lays crooked.
Is there anyone who can help me find other symptoms i may be over looking?

Laylas_Mommy09

Asked by Laylas_Mommy09 at 1:11 AM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If she's hunched over most of the time, it could be that she's got some restrictions in her muscles. My son had them in his neck bc of how he was in the womb, and how the birth went (it was traumatic for both of us). I took him to a cranio-sacral therapist who was able to diagnose his torticcolus in his neck, and do some bodywork on him to release the tight muscles.

MamaSueCongdon

Answer by MamaSueCongdon at 1:31 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• i worried about my DD having scolliousis (sp?) because there are a lot of members in my family that have it and her ped said that you cant tell until they are around 1 or 2. I think it has something to do with them still growing. Like the PP son my DD has torticollus and has been in physical therapy for a few months and has improved drastically. I do hope that there isnt anything wrong. Good luck to you!
    Williamswifey

Answer by Williamswifey at 3:02 AM on Jun. 12, 2009