Concerned

Does anyone out there know whether or not MS is hereditary or genetic. My son's biological fathers family has alot of it and it seems to be in everyother generation which would place it on my son and I'm trying to learn more information on it and how and when to get him tested if it is a possibility. Any information would be nice, cause I know nothing about it. Thank you

angeleyes0306

Asked by angeleyes0306 at 1:22 AM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Health

• have you tried asking your son's dr?
    you could also try google and see if you can find anything there
    kaysha

Answer by kaysha at 1:55 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Well they say that MS is not hereditary BUT I don't really believe that My mom has MS and her sister has MS as well as a couple of other people on her side of the family!! I have done some research about it and it dose run in families but its not hereditary! Sounds crazy hu thats what I thought!! My mom has had 4 daughters and we range from 16 to 29 and none of have had symptoms and hopefully never will! usually the symptoms don't occur until maby late teens to early 20s! Things to watch for is numbness or tingling in the arms in the arms and legs, blurry vision or dizziness or even blindness in the eye , headaches all of the time! Legs going completely numb and falling! MS is a disease that effects the nervous system! There are several web sites that you can look into and do some research yourself! Most people don't see these symptoms until they are way older!! Everything will be ok just put faith in god!!

SD777

Answer by SD777 at 1:58 AM on Jun. 12, 2009