when reading the bible do you start at the begining or let it fall open to a page?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:50 AM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I personally pray and then get a verse while I'm praying and go to that verse.
    Ilovemy5joys

Answer by Ilovemy5joys at 1:54 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• It depends on my purpose for reading. I think of reading the Bible similarly to eating. Some of my physical meals are snacks or light meals, some are full course meals. So it is with the Word of God which is food for my soul. First thing in the morning I usually read a smaller portion of scripture, this is like breakfast, a light meal. Generally I am in the Psalms or reading through the stories of the gosples. Later when I want a more in depth study, a bigger meal if you will, I go to the harder teachings, right now I am in Hebrews. Other times I go to the Old Testament books. If I only have a very short time I use a devotional book that may only have two or three verses. That is usually just before bed.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 2:15 AM on Jun. 12, 2009