packing hospital bag soon?

im 26 wks 4days i was wondering when should i start to pack my hospital bag? im a first time mommy

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• with my 1st i waited till feb i had him in march with my second i was packing the nite before
    Keithsmama24

Answer by Keithsmama24 at 2:01 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• if it gives you piece of mind pack early...or jsut start making a list instead. some things to keep in mind. don't forget and extra empty bag to put baby's thing in, when you leave the hospital. if you listen to certain music t night,bring it w/ you. have som ecreature comforts from home. bring some snacks for late night munchies after labor. bring extra recieving blankets. your fave lotion,a s well as some things to pamper you, make you feel pretty or better about yourself after labor. camera. notebook, deck of cards..... you get the idea.
    raineslibramom

Answer by raineslibramom at 2:08 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• lol i was packed when i was 7 months along with both of my kids.
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 2:08 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• lol i packed when i was 22 weeks im about 35 and its just sitting there still and not to mentoin it drives me nuts,im always changing things out my sil put pads and diapers in there i think those are the only things that havnt been changed out oh and the video camra and extra phone chargers.and of course my best freind has a key to our place to feed the animals lol but hey i love knowing that im ready to go any moment any day
    congrats on the baby and good luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:15 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I think it's never too early to start. Have a list of things you will want. The first time around I packed everything!!! Had way too much. I had it packed at 30 weeks. This time around I slowly picked up things on my list as I got them and added them to my bag.
    I packed body wash, shampoo, deodorant, a puff, chap stick, gum, socks, slippers, two pairs of Pj's, a going home outfit, my hospital paper work, camera, batteries, insurance cards, phone numbers, change and a gift for my daughters when they come. Oh and toothbrush, mirror, and mouthwash.
    For baby I packed one outfit, booties, a blanket, body suit and brush in case she has hair.

I know you didn't ask what but when. My list was long and that's why I slowly added to mine. I would have it ready by 35 weeks for sure even though baby won't be born until 37 weeks or later.
    jennifer8585

Answer by jennifer8585 at 2:43 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• With my first I didn't pack until my water broke. Now I'm almost 38 wks and still haven't packed. But I'm inspired now that I read this...lol
    Kimposible

Answer by Kimposible at 7:24 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I dont remember when I packed for my other two, that was atleast 5 and 11 years ago lol. With this one I still havent packed and I'm having him in 11 days.
    melibear5715

Answer by melibear5715 at 10:38 AM on Jun. 12, 2009