Christians:if you are torn over a moral dilemma...

do you talk to your pastor or come up with a solution on your own?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:56 AM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I talk to God about it. He already knows all about it, so he is the best one to go to for advise. A moral issue can't be solved by mankind; society in general - in church or out - is pretty immoral and amoral today. MPO.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:04 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I usually try to pray and seek God's guidance about it, but if I still feel I havent gotten an answer, I usually ask a religious figure.
    maddiesmom02

Answer by maddiesmom02 at 2:06 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I first search Scripture, with prayer for God to show me where to look and to guide my spirit by His spirit. Then if I have no peace or answer about the situation I go to a mature Christian I respect. Sometimes it is my pastor, sometimes an elder, sometimes a lady that is more mature than I am.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 2:10 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I pray & search scripture. If there is not a clear answer then I usually look at my husband & children & ask myself some questions like 'how will this affect them', 'what would I say to them if they came to me with _____', 'what if they found out _____, would I be ashamed', etc...
    If that does not give me a solid answer then I seak a mature, wise Christian....usually my mom.
    missamerica1

Answer by missamerica1 at 6:27 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I usually never ask my pastor anything. Our church is so huge that he is pretty busy with everyone else. That is fine; I never feel like I want to ask him anything.

I usually pray and ask God. He will give me an answer in the word of God or when I am listening to a Bible study, it will be about exactly what I am going through. If I just want to vent I will go to people--my DH, best friend, mom, etc. But I am careful about taking the advice of people I don't know too well, or those that don't give Biblical advice (Ps. 1). Things could sound really good, but not be what God wants for me. I need to let Him direct my life.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 10:13 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I pray for guidance but I am not against asking for help from m priest. Not so he can tell me what to do just so that he can help me stay rational in my thoughts and help to answer my spiritual questions. Everyone needs a shoulder to lean on and priest, pastor , elder what ever is good for that. God helps those who help themselves and sometimes the best way to help yourself is to ask for, help.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:53 PM on Jun. 12, 2009