pregnant. can't sleep. tired

okay. i am 11.5 wks preggy. and i am exhausted, but i can't seem to fall asleep or stay that way. anyone on here got any advice?

raineslibramom

Asked by raineslibramom at 2:30 AM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'm sorry :( Maybe take a nice relaxing bath before bed? Anything that gets your relaxed.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 2:34 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Wish I did... I'm almost 33 weeks and am in the same boat. It's 2:30a, and this is my third time up tonight - only sleeping an hour or two at a time, at best. I'm afraid it only gets worse!

Are you not feeling well? Stressed out? Lots on your mind? As you get bigger, it will get more uncomfortable and harder to breathe, since your lungs will be competing for space... the joys of pregnancy. I hope you can take a nap later!
    lb304

Answer by lb304 at 2:35 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I know that feeling, i was like that the whole nine months of my pregnancy. My dr had even prescribed me a sleep aid that wasn't harmful to the baby, and it didnt work. But some things you may try is take a warm bath and try and relax. If you can't sleep laying on your side or on flat on your back, try putting pillows behind you to prop you up to a somewhat sitting position, or if you have a recliner try sleeping in it. Try drinking some warm milk, it helps some people. Hope something helps
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 2:37 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Yes i know how your feeling been like that since 4wks and am now 25wks. It is midnight for me and here i am on cafemom bored out of my mind..lol Its hard for me to sleep because i'm measuring bigger at 22wks i was measuring 26cm which would be 26wks. The baby is in my ribs all day long and i've been having panic attacks for bout the last week and nothing helps. so glad this is my last pregnancy. I love the out come of a tiny little baby and all but i don't remember it being this bad with my daughter.. :(
    EJsHottMama

Answer by EJsHottMama at 3:01 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• omg im the same but im 18weeks ...i stayed up until 5am last night...what a freaking annoyance
    I also know I have insomnia and I used totake MELATONIN but stopped when I found out I was preg. cuz it can have some weird effects on the baby

so now I just stay awake and suffer...try playing chess on ur comp or sumthin

that usually makes my mind feel exhausted and then I get tired sometimes...but not most
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 3:05 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I wish I could offer you some advice, but here I am, 1 day shy of my due date, wide awake! So frustrating, to say the least!
    gaamom

Answer by gaamom at 3:41 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I'm the same, except today is now my due date.
    I want sleep!!!!
    CamiiiCompasion

Answer by CamiiiCompasion at 6:51 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Take a warm (not hot) bath, but bring a few chammomile tea bags and some lavender bubble bath with you to relax. Also certain sleep aids are safe for pregnancy, some doctors even allow tylenol pm (mine did). Its basically tylenol with benadril. However your doc may not allow tylenol pm, but will allow benadril. While you may not be suffering from allergies, the benadril will help you fall asleep. Just be sure to ask your OB first. Not to mention she may have some really good remedies that we may not know about! I'll tell you one thing though, this is pretty much how 3rd trimester will go. To be honest I"m thankful I didn't sleep well...it seriously has helped me now because my body is used to functioning on a funky sleep schedule!
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 8:20 AM on Jun. 12, 2009