How do I?

My fiance and I were together for a little over a year and recently broke up. He wanted to break up and "give us both time to reflect on the relationship and what we did wrong so that we wont make the same mistakes." the day we broke up he sent me this text message "im always going to love you, you have always been the one for me. I hope you change so that we could be together as I need to change as well, I think it might be a couple of weeks and we will be back together. I love you and I hope you will give me another chance." But he has shut him self off towards me emotionally and acts like it doesnt bother him. He says he is just as miserable as I am but he couldnt deal with all the arguing and that we need to change. I am so unbelievable miserable and cant hold any food down or sleep. I feel so home sick with out him because I am so used to him being here. What can I do or say to get him back? I cant live like this!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:48 AM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• I've learned from experiance to expect the worst, in situations like this. I don't know what you guys fought about but, are you sure he's not cheating, because it may be the reason he decided to break up for a few, to see if dating someone else would change things. If you guys are ment to be together things will work out. Give him some space, and if he really wants to be with you he'll come back. I'd say talk to him, tell him that once your married, breaking up to "try and change" isn't going to work as easy. Its better to just stay together and work things out, If he expects things to get better in a few weeks he's crazy because whatever is happing that he says need to change is going to take longer then two or three weeks. I'm not trying to be negative or rude, but if he can't handle being in a relationship, through its ups and downs, then he's not ready for something serious.
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 3:01 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Sounds to me like he wanted to break up so he could go be with someone else and made up a different excuse to break up. Guys usually shut off emotionally when there is another women involved. My advice is to move on. If he wanted to be with you, then he would be with you no matter what. Sorry so harsh.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:54 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• He is trying to have his cake and eat it too. He wants to sew some oats but doesn't want to lose you while he goes and F^%ks other girls. Forget about him. The first poster was right. Sorry honey....your broken heart will heal and you will find someone more amazing then him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:06 AM on Jun. 12, 2009