Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


what rights would my ex have if i do not put him on the birth certificate when my daughter is born? none, right? i'm not going for child support, because i DO NOT want him involved in me and my daughters life at all and morally, it wouldn't be right to fight for child support from a man who will never see his daughter. i'm not just doing this to be a vindictive bitch either.. i have very good reason for keeping him away! he has beat me several times even a few times when i first found out i was pregnant.. i finally left him for good like 2 months ago and i haven't seen him since.. i just really want him to leave me alone forever and to basically forget that i am even pregnant with his child!!!

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:59 AM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (10)
  • your safest bet is to have him sign over all rights, because even if he's not on the birth certificate, he can take you to court and fight for custody

    Answer by vgiron at 3:05 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

  • If you put him on the birth certificate you are just naming him as the father he has to sign a paper stating he is the father himself for anything to be legal I believe. And if he is and you ever do have a hard time and have to resort to any type of PA you will HAVE to give them his name so they can go after him for support whether that's what you want of not.

    Answer by mizsaxton at 3:06 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

  • well if u put him on their or not it doesnt matter because a simple DNA test will be good enough
    also ur child is gonna resent you and ur gonna feel guilty when you know you purposely kept him out of her life

    grow up he's the parent too

    how about he take the baby from the nursery and not tell you about would that make u feel?

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:14 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

  • If he put ur hands on u I understand that my mom went thru many years of abuse and my dad would force me to watch so i understand that you wouldnt want that fo rur baby
    but he does have rights
    a DNA test will prove it
    ur baby shud know who the father is whether u like it or not

    and fyi...theres such thing as supervised visits where the father has to meet at a court house or public area with a police present if public, there will be cameras at the designated court house

    you can explain ur situation and say u dont trust him but who knows he may never show up to them and then guess what....u get granted legal rights over ur child if the other parent never shows up....i say u should try that...then if that doesnt work u can ask him to sign over his rigts

    Answer by Dom123123 at 3:18 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

  • anon sorry but you don't even know half of my situation.. he has made several threats against mine AND MY UNBORN DAUGHTERS' lives!!!! so OF COURSE i want to keep him away!!!!! DUH! i highly doubt my daughter will resent me when shes older when i tell her how her father was and that he threatened to KILL her! jesus!

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:38 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

  • I agree with you OP...ppl doesnt know your story but theyre telling u to grow up...i understand what you mean...but i dnt have any advice on the DNA and certificate stuff sorry...since he treatend u and ur children just forget all about him...maybe keep proof that he did that if u have any just to prove how he is when/if he tries to bring you to court or whatever...or ask someone for legal advice on whats the best to do so that it wouldnt come back to haunt you...Hope everything works out well

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:53 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

  • Please, talk to a lawyer. Don't try to deal with this on your own.

    Do you have photographic evidence of the beatings? Get his butt thrown in JAIL. Best way to be SURE he cannot manage to get any rights.

    Answer by gdiamante at 4:10 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

  • I agree with gdiamante-- I think you should talk to a lawyer and find out what your legal rights are and see if you can legally keep him out of your child's life. I wish you and your child the best of luck and hope all works out in your favor!

    Answer by MizLee at 10:15 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

  • First off... yes I agree with above you definitely need a lawyer...second off did you ever call the police or get a pfa when he abused/threatened you? If so that can be used in court to get supervised visitation.

    Answer by KaylasMiracle at 10:16 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

  • yes i have 2 police reports of him beating me, once when before i got pregnant and once after i found out i was pregnant. so yeah i guess thats what i'm gonna have to do is get a lawyer.. thanks everyone for your help!

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:45 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.