How do I get my Ten Month Old to Go to Sleep after she has been up for over 10 hours?

See my ten month old will not go to bed i have tried everything!! and i dont know what to do anymore!! i really need help!!!

TaylorsMom82708

Asked by TaylorsMom82708 at 3:04 AM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• give your baby a bath, then maybe walk around with ur baby and make the shhhhh noise very lightly next to the ear...thats still may take a while tho
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:08 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Go in the bathroom, turn on the fan, turn out the lights and bounce your baby on your shoulder or across your arms. If you don't have a fan, turn on the water. Once you think he/she is asleep, count to 200 and THEN lay him/her down. GL....this too shall pass :o)
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 3:09 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• what about a bath and a baby massage to get ur baby relaxed....look it up online if u dont know what it is...its basically like an adult massage but much gentler and easier cuz they have little limbs...

be sure to do the legs because it relaxes them even more, especially if they are walking already
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:09 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• make sure you establish a consistent night time routine. Our LOs have started setting their bedtime, but when I notice they are getting sleepy, we bathe them, lotion, pajamas, and snuggle. They are 5 months and they seem to do really well with this routine. I'm sure we should add in a book too, but that will come in the next few months! But, either way, it's pretty much the same every night
    mommystiebler

Answer by mommystiebler at 10:01 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• a nice massage with olive oil
    mine would always nurse to sleep (though a bad idea with teeth).

Answer by rkoloms at 4:59 PM on Jun. 13, 2009