HAve you every taken any "happy pills" like zoloft?

My dr put me on Zoloft today and i was just curious how it makes you feel and how fast it helped you i didn't really think i was depressed but i see it now thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:09 AM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Health

• I love zoloft..it is the only med that I didn't feel a thing when I took it. I told my dr to prescribe the lowest dose possible because I am really sensitive. It takes about 3 weeks to build up in your system and start working so you won't notice a change and then in about a month, you'll realize that you feel much better.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 3:11 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• what about the weight gain? did you get any was it a lot? i am trying to loose weight and really do not need nor want the weight gain after i have worked so hard to get to where i am thank you again
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:15 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Nope...I actually got more motivated to work out and get things done.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 3:16 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• well, i never gained weight.. but i did miss doses and then to make myself happy i'd take more... would be happy for a little while and then CRASH and try to hurt myself. For my, celexa worked better but every person is different!!! if you start feeling more sad, crying for unknown reasons, or anything unusual, go to the er!!
    I hope it works out better for you! GL!!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 3:43 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Zoloft, and similar drugs, are great for "kick-starting" the process of dealing with your depression. Please don't delay starting therapy.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:50 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I was on Zoloft for My Migraines! Just 25 mg. then up to 50 mg. I never had A Sex Drive. So if I ever did or was.. that took it Away! But that wasn't important to me! My DH wasn't Happy about that! It was the longest med. I ever stayed on. Then we lost affordable ways to pay for it & any ways to be able to afford seeing A DR./Nuerologist. I had Some pills left & DH didn't want me on it anyway... I had to go offf Cold Turkey! It Was Swful. I used the last few pills I had & Cut & cut & cut them. 'Til the last day I had Just A Crumb & Licked it! I can't tell you how Sad, Low & Awful I felt!! I really wanted to Die! Not one Day went by I didn't want to Die!! I suffered Alot I did!! It didn't help or prevent My Migraines! But I felt is did something!? It must have? For like I mentioned when I had to go off of it... I was Bad!! All I suffered with & currently Deal with I wouldn't wish on anyone! I can't See Doctors! Feel Well!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 10:56 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I have been on Prozac, Zoloft, Celexa, Efexor and a few others. Non worked for me more than a few weeks and all came with really bad side effects. The Zoloft gave me horrid chest pain and I couldn't sleep... But that was really the least of the issues I had. The Efexor shut my liver down... All carry a risk of dependency as well as side effects. Make sure you talk to your doctor about these and keep a diary too. Not really a private, my eyes only diary, but a daily activity and feeling diary. What time you took your pills, how you felt that day, and if you are experienceing any side effects or other phisical reactions to the meds. Also talk to your doctor about getting tests run on your Liver after a while. These meds can all cause damage and stop the liver and kidneys from functioning right.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:59 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Zoloft wasnt good for me.it brought out anger in me,I hated it.celexa was the best choice for me,but ppl are different.
    Anonymous