crying at night

My daughter is 11 months old and for about 3 months now she has been screaming in the middle of the night, but shes still sleeping. She has had 3 double ear infections and i just brought her to the doctors and they said shes healthy but couldnt explain the crying. I was just wondering if other babies do this to and if you know what it is.

Buggaboosmama

Asked by Buggaboosmama at 3:41 AM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it could be night terrors. There often mistaken with nightmares, and usually go away as she gets older. Just do what you can to comfort her and reassure her. Don't wake her up because unlike nightmares, night terrors are alot harder to wake up from, and will be harder to comfert. If she wakes up easy (assuming you have tried waker her up) then it may just be night mares.
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 4:17 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• What does she do before she goes to bed? That might have something to do with her screaming. She could be having some kind of nightmare. Maybe you could give her some ginger root tea w/ a little bit ( a couple of drops )of light karo syrup in it to help her to sleep.
    homealone_10

Answer by homealone_10 at 4:21 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Mine started doing that around that age and still does it some nights (she's 13 mo. now). I don't seem to do her any good when I go in there...regardless of what I do, she just goes back to sleep on her own within 15-20 minutes. I assume its just a nightmare about mommy leaving the room or who knows what else. =) If she sounds really upset, I'll go in and calm her back down.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 4:33 PM on Jun. 12, 2009