I cook for my daughter (14 months) in the evening and for lunch i have been giving her some ready made food from the store. There is so much choice out there! what do you recommend (I have heard Baby Plum is good but not sure why it would be better than the others. Any reccommendations?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:18 AM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Personally I don't like the prepackaged stuff as a daily meal due to all the chemical preservatives in them. I make double at my meals (doesn't take that much longer to cook) and then freeze them in single serve containers and give that as lunches and sometimes dinners. My kids actually love it when we do "restaurant" night from the freezer. They get to choose anything and everyone can eat something different. I mostly cook on the weekends since I WOHM.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:27 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I keep a wide variety of cheese deli meats and fruits in my house for lunches. My DD is 17 months and My DS is 5 . They enjoy having a lunch of avocado sandwiches and a piece of fruit. I also enjoyed the Pasta Pick ups for DD when she was younger for meals on the go or late lunches that needed to be extra fast. A whole tub fed he fine and the Spinach and Cheese ones had a little of everything in them. also do the cooking extra thing and having it for lunch the next day. Lunchables also makes a Jr. With little ritz crackers diced turkey and cheese in it. Add a fruit or veggie and that's a complete meal to. My kids have also done PBJ smoothies for lunch. They love that! Yogurt, strawberries, banana and PB.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:18 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• why not just use regular food? whole grain bread or crackers or tortillas with hummus or avocado. chunks of tofu, avocado, sweet potato, fruits. cooked beans and lentils. This is a great age to start introducing new flavors and spices so by two you are all eating together.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:06 PM on Jun. 12, 2009