anybody else have a son or dd graduation this week!!

Son graduated from middle school today. In my school district the middle school graduations are handled just like the high school graduations,,minus the cap and gown. It was fun, exciting and sort of sad to watch my son move on to another chapter in his life as he starts high school. My little man is growing up. So..who had graduations this week? L

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:31 AM on Jun. 12, 2009 in General Parenting

• Our daughter graduated from High School last Friday and our son graduated from high school Friday before last. Sad day for a Momma.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 7:37 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• My son had his middle school moving on ceremony yesterday! They had caps & gowns for the kids and each received a certificate of completion for the program. My son was very happy to be moving on to high school and I'm still reeling from realizing that he's old enough to be going to high school - where'd the time go?
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 9:26 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• One son graduated from high school a couple of weeks ago and my youngest graduated from Kindergarten the next night.
    Momtocccd

Answer by Momtocccd at 9:54 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I graduated from college last Friday and on Sunday my son graduated from high school. I got some of his old pictures out to show at his high school graduation party and my oldest daughter who is 25 was looking for my son in his cowboy boots.. Just about every picture had him with cowboy boots on.. He went through a faze where he would wear anything but cowboy boots. I am so sad it is hard to believe I have two grown adult children...I have one more to go who is 14, if I get through the teenage years with this one it will be a miracle. The other two was a breeze... I guess I have to have one who is bad...because I bragged to much on the other two with the teen years.
    sassy43082

Answer by sassy43082 at 12:15 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• OP- my dd #1 also graduated middle school. They also had a graduation like high school, without caps and gowns.  The kids all dressed up.  It was lovely.  Sort of bittersweet.  She attended a performing arts school that is k-8.  She started in 1st grade so we have known these kids since 1st grade.  A few will follow to the performing arts high school but it is a change.  Our kids are growing up and as proud of them as we are it's closing a chapter that was a huge part of our lives.  I will miss the other parents almost as much as dd will miss the kids.

teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 12:35 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• my kids got diplomas but i never seen anything about a graduation one graduated from first grade and one from kindergarten.
    lienna

Answer by lienna at 3:54 PM on Jun. 12, 2009