My 7 month old

What do you feed a 7 month old?? I make my own babyfood, but its like ive run out of ideas of what to give him. I feel like im giving him the same thing over and over..lol...any ideas pls

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:58 AM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have a 7 month boy, I mix baby cereal with formula, juice or yogurt and he loves it. he also loves soups, I boil some potatoes, carrots, celery add some seasoning and whatever othe flavoring and when the veggies are starting to get tender I put the top romen noodles and the flavor pack and let cook for about 30 minutes, put it in a food processor and he loves it. I also feed him yogurt not the baby stuff just regular yogurt. I came across this Nuby brand for babies and is comes with a sippy cup a bottle and a spoon and the nipple of the bottle has soft teething nubs on it, and what you do is you put the baby food in the bottle and snap the spoon in, the bottle has a vaccum disk on the bottom you push in and the food comes through the little hole in the spoon and you feed it to the baby best 5 bucks I have ever spent, it's hard to explain but check it out at Wal-mart it's no mess baby don't get any air, I looooove it
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 5:53 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Pureed Green Beans, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Carrot, Turnip, Eggplant, Squash, Sweet Potato, Apple, Banana, Nectarine, Berries, Peaches, Pear, Plums, Avocado. You can start adding spices to the pureed food too..try cinnamon with apple or nutmeg with pear. Once you start finger foods....Baby Mum Mums, Cheerios, whole grain pasta cut up into small chunks, toast, waffle (once you're introduced egg), egg, steamed and chunked fruits/veggies, fish, chicken nuggets, etc. Now that mine is older, I do variations on pasta. I put pasta, some kind of veggie and "sauce" altogether for her (sauce can be pureed sweet potato, melted cream cheese, left over spaghetti sauce, even ketchup!). She also gets "grilled Cheese" which is just grilled cheese with a layer of pureed veggies. Mini pizzas are good too - english muffin, layer of pureed veggie, cheese and melt in the oven...cut it up into small chunks and serve. Banana pancakes are good
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 4:27 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Understand that solids fed to babies before they turn 1 are for the experience of eating them, not for nutrition (a subject most doctors know nothing about). Avocado, baked sweet potato, oatmeal, pumpkin, pureed peas, cooked beans, banana, grated or cooked apple, etc. Jarred baby food tastes awful, is expensive, and you never really know what is in it. Be sure to avoid the allergy trigger foods. This is not a complete list: before age 1, no soy, dairy, wheat, citrus, strawberries; before age 2 no honey, chocolate, nuts.
    The best book on feeding babies, toddlers and their families is called Super Baby Food by Ruth Yaron. You should be able to find it at your local library. There is some great information on the website: www.superbabyfood.com

Answer by rkoloms at 4:55 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Try different things fruits and vegetables. When you're introducing something new don't mix things with it so if there is an allergic reaction you know what caused it. Go look at the baby food jars to get ideas of what to make.
    Sarah W.

Answer by Sarah W. at 4:08 AM on Nov. 17, 2011