• In the Spotlight:

Has anyones kid had a yeast infection behind the folds of their ear?

If so, what are the symptoms??
It may be nothing and i may just be jumping to conclusions as a first time mom lol but im interested in others situation. And if i think it is a yeast infection is it VERY important to take her to the dr or is this just something minor? First time mom... obviously :)

thanks for all your help!

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 5:16 AM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yeah but it could also be ring worm, but you can buy a small thing of the cream for a yeast infection and it would clear up either.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:29 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• you need to make sure you clean her extra good ,especially in the folds of her skin.and put some A&D ointment on it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:29 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• My children used to get a whitish build up back there after every nap and in the mornings...their doc said it was the lil bit of milk left in their mouths after nursing...so I would gently wipe it with UNSCENTED baby wipes and put Eucerin Aquaphor lotion on it. The doctor gave me a sample...it works awesome for so many types of rashes itches, etc...I use it on almost everything. It's like vaseline but not as sticky.
    KaylasMiracle

Answer by KaylasMiracle at 10:01 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• im positive it isnt just milk build up i clean her very well.
    its more of a red irritation that looks a little bit peely and MAYBE some liquid on it, and it had the scent of something being infected.....
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:07 PM on Jun. 12, 2009