Did you ever have a nightmare?

Did you ever have a nightmare so bad that you just got up because you couldn't go back to sleep or stay in the dark? OMG, I just had the Mommy nightmare where I was in a situation and I couldn't protect my son. He went with me to a bank and the bank was being robbed. The robber went to everyone and said "give eme $600" I only had $200 and it was all that was in the account. The robber said, "The price here is $600, follow me."The robber was leading me out to be shot, and I told my baby boy to stay with the other people. Then I woke up. Now sleep is impossible. I want the lights on, I peeked to be sure he is OK, and I'll sleep later.

LeftBrainy

Asked by LeftBrainy at 5:41 AM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I hadn't really thought about going to the bank, but I definitely won't now.
    LeftBrainy

Answer by LeftBrainy at 5:51 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• no i don't think going to the bnk today is a good idea and if you really have to go go thru the drive thru. That sucks i hate having dreams like that.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 6:57 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• yes, and I ususally avoid where ever I was in my dream. I hate having nighmares they sometimes just happen for no reason and sometimes they happen when I go to sleep mad.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 7:15 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I had a dream very similar to this a few months ago. For whatever reason, I owed something to this killer and didn't give it to him, so I was on the run with my son. Well he finally caught me and I knew he was going to kill me. Then my mom was there (weird) and I told the killer to wait a second, then I went to give my son to my mom and told her to take care of him. I was crying this whole time in the dream. Then turned away and went to the killer knowing I was dead. I woke up crying and it took me awhile to calm myself down. I finally was able to go to sleep, but when I got up in the morning, I started getting emotional again when telling my DH the dream. Very strange.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 7:47 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Never. I guess that's a product of my creative mind, even when I'm asleep. I have had many nightmares about my child, but I can always save her.

I have on occasion woken up crying from nightmares.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 7:54 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• i have two recurring nightmares that started when i was a kid, and still have to this day. i have had lots more vivid nightmares over the past yr since my sister was murdered. but i guess i am not normal. i cannot go back to sleep, even if i wait a couple hours because if i do they will continue where they left off like a danged soap opera. so if i wake up from one, i dont go back to sleep at all.
    devonsmom

Answer by devonsmom at 8:16 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I'm going to be honest. I have had those nightmares before and each time, I go to my kids and sit with them until I know they are safe. I've lived with nightmares for a long time but that also goes in hand with my anxiety issues.

The worst dream by far is we were outside doing yard work and my DD was in her excerciser. DF and I were using a wood chipper to make mulch for the garden and his psycho ex showed up. She starts screaming at us about how I had HER baby and she picks my daughter up. We try and calm her down but she runs towards the wood chipper. I won't finish but I'm sure you can figure out what happened. Needless to say, I picked DD up out of her crib that night and sat with her in the living room watching cartoons to calm me down.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:27 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• ugh anon what a horrible dream!! That would have FREAKED me out too! I have horrible dreams on occasion and it's hard to get relaxed enough to go back to sleep.

When I was pregnant I had a lot of very vivid strange dreams. I remember early in my pregnancy I had a dream that my whole family was at my Grandparents house. For some reason the back yard caught on fire (maybe there were a lot of wild fires in the news at the time?) but it didn't look like normal fire, it looked like napalm fire or something. So we're all running for the porch which for some reason is safe from the fire, it won't go any further. We all run but I look back and my nephew is way behind me! He's IN the fire! (I love my nephew like my own). So I turned around and went running back for him. I grabbed him and went running but I couldn't make it! Then just at the last moment I passed him off to DH and I was engulfed! Then I woke up.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:02 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I've had a few bad ones.

The first one was when I was like 6, right around when my parents got divorced. I had a dream that it was nighttime and everybody was sleeping and some man came with a wrecking ball and started tearing our house down and i was screaming trying to wake everyone up but nobody would wake up.

Then I had one where I was with my dad and we were going in a corner store to get some doughnuts and some guy came in to rob it and shot my dad. I woke up crying.

The next are non-violent but emotionally disturbing.

Sometime last week I dreamt 4 nights in a row. The first 3 nights, I dreamt that DH was cheating on me. Then the 4th night, I had a dream I cheated on Dh with an ex!!!! When I woke up from the last one I was like "wtf?!?". Of course when I woke up from the others I thought" Oh, hell no.". LOL.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:35 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Yes, I had a dream that I lost my DD and nobody would help me find her. I finally found her dead in a indoor swimming pool. The out fit she wore in the dream we had and I never let her wear it again. I woke up crying.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Jun. 12, 2009