when and how do you stop nap time bottles

wobblydob

Asked by wobblydob at 9:18 AM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you know, I never gave my kids a bottle at bed time. But I imagine, you would just start offering less and less if you don't want to just cut it out cold turkey. Best of luck
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:33 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• both my kids went cold turkey so to speak ( bubby fairy took the bubbies to help the other lil kids ) and it was just heres a sippy cup my dd was great about it and was fine shes 12 now lol and my son who is now 3 1/2 years did really well by day at night and nap time he asked for his bottle and i said sorry no more bubbies and he realised if he wanted a drink he would have to deal with the cup.it only took 2 days and he stoped asking for his bottle. but i did take all bottles out so i wouldnt be temped to give them one. out of sight out of mind worked for all of us. good luck
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 9:47 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I started giving my daughter hers downstairs. Then let her burp, etc. Then took her upstairs for a diaper change, book and bed. If you still do it close to bedtime at first, you'll still get that "milk drunk" effect which helps. I just started spacing it out until I got it where I wanted it (about an hour before naptime).
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 4:31 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Water in a sippy cup

Answer by rkoloms at 4:26 PM on Jun. 13, 2009