Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Child Protective Services

I was attacked by my father last night and I called the police on him. Because my daughter was there they have called child protective services. Im scared I have no idea what that means or what it entails. Has anyone had to deal with this before? My father and I argue all the time, but this time he decided to attack me. We have never gotten physical with each other, in past he has threatened to hit me. I just to want to lose my child over this nonsense.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:20 AM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (6)
  • Well then you need to move out or send him to jail. CPS has been called to check on the welfare and safety of the child. They are doing there job. They are afraid that if someone is attacking Mom, then someone could attack child. You need to get away from your dad. Tell CPS that you need help getting away.

    Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 9:25 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

  • that is typical protocol for CPS. just because he has never physically harmed your child doesn't mean that he won't and they will do everything to protect the child because that is their job.

    my daughter was shaken by my ex-husband and when we were in the hospital we had to move to a different one where they could specialize in her care and my other daughter was not allowed to go home with him because he harmed the baby and they did not (nor did i) want to take the chance that he would harm my other daughter.

    Answer by tnm786 at 9:33 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

  • Ya you need to get away from your father and take your child far away from him. If you father can get that angry that he will raise a hand and hit you infront of your daughter then what's not to say that he will not hit your child. They are doing there job and you need to do yours as a mother and protect your child and you. Tell them you need help with houseing. Is there some body you can go stay with until you can get a place, (SAFE PLACE) for your daughter and you. Good Luck and i hope everything works out for your daughter and you.

    Answer by raemommy at 9:36 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

  • Well its my house, and he's staying with me because he has not job, I could kick him out. I will do what ever I need to do, not to lose my child

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

  • I think your dad crossed the line. He turned on you, next time he could take his anger out on your child. I think you need to tell your dad that you have had it, that was the last straw he needs to leave and has xx days to get out. I would be honest with CPS, tell them what happened and that you won't put up with his behavior any more- he is getting kicked out. Good luck!

    Answer by MizLee at 10:09 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

  • You need to make him leave, and just explain to CPS what you just explained to us: that he attacked you, and you are making him leave. As long as everything else is fine, they will see that you are trying to protect your child, and you'll be fine.

    Answer by tropicalmama at 10:49 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.