I think I lost my plug....

what does it look like, I can take the details I am ok with it. I just want to make sure what I saw was it.

HuntersMama09

Asked by HuntersMama09 at 9:25 AM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it looks like a big glob of snot. sometimes it can be tinged with blood or just be clear or a little yellow.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 9:27 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• yep that was it :) thats good because I have to be induced tuesday due to high blood pressure
    HuntersMama09

Answer by HuntersMama09 at 9:28 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• well just remember, losing your mucus plug does not mean you are in labor. but if you start doing some housework or go walking, it may trigger it. If you don't go into labor within the next few hours, the mucus plug will grow back. Then you will lose it again. I lost 4 of them with my daughter. Good Luck...
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 9:31 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• ugh that sucks!
    HuntersMama09

Answer by HuntersMama09 at 9:38 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I didn't know the mucus plug grows back in a few hours. When I lost my plug with my son, I had him 3 days later and never lost another one.

But like she said, go walking or do some housecleaning. When I lost mine with my son, I walked the mall for a few hours and then the next day my water broke.
    fallin4aSOLDIER

Answer by fallin4aSOLDIER at 9:40 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I was just wanting to lose to make being induced easy on tuesday
    HuntersMama09

Answer by HuntersMama09 at 9:56 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Have LOTS and LOTS of sex allowing the sperm to set on your cervix for as long as possible each time to ripen your cervix before your induction.

I may have to be induced to because of high blood pressure and from everything I've read if your cervix isn't ripened the chances of a failed indution and a c-section are HUGE.

Also try other natural methods. My doctor gave us the go ahead to try nipple stimulation, pineapple, walking, "labor inducing egg plant parmesean" (you can get the recipe at ABCnews.com), and sex and other natural methods because she knows how bad I don't want a medical induction.

GOOD LUCK!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Jun. 12, 2009