painting my bedroom

So i painted my bathroom last weekend and i want to do my bedroom this weekend. The only problem i am worried about is this. When we bought the house tow of the walls are painted very light beigh almost an off white. and two of the walls are wall papered right about the same color with a little bit of sheen in it. Unless you look close you can't even tell. The walls painted and wallpapered are directly across from each other not side by side. Anyways i was wanting to move away from the off white scheme and add a little color, but i can't decide it i should only paint the tow painted walls, or all the walls. If i paint the walpapered walls i have to primer them first. But i dont' want it to look goofy. I can't get a mental picture on what it would look like with two walls oposite each other painted a different color and the other two light beighish. Any suggestions? Does this make any sense. Paint all or nothing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:26 AM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I would paint all the walls the same color. I think, especially for a bedroom, one uniform color would produce relaxing results, which is what I want in a bedroom. Only paint over the wallpaper if it is in perfect shape (no peeling or splitting). I would also suggest you apply texture to it (can be rolled on even with your paint).
    imacafemom

Answer by imacafemom at 9:36 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I agree...as long as the wallpaper is in good shape paint them all the same color - and yes prime first. Depending on the color you are choosing you can get a tinted primer and give a coat to all the walls, then roll on your color....that way they are all starting from the same place and will look more uniform ( you didn't mention a color so this would be good if the color you are choosing is a little darker)
    romanojm

Answer by romanojm at 9:40 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Are you considering 3 different colors? Or just 2. I'm a little confused. I do agree that with a bedroom it would be better to go with one color, unless there is a nook, then that could be a diff. color. I'd say go with a darker, neutral color, and add splashes of color with furniture and bedding, and decorations.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 10:33 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I am in the process of painting every wall in my house with mistints. So far, so good, but then I like color and my house is over 200 years old, so anything I do is just making it look better. A couple of the walls were wallpapered and they turned out good.
    SoKamele

Answer by SoKamele at 10:15 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• The paint will last much longer if you take down the wall paper first.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:23 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• you can paint wall paper.. but I would NOT recomment is for several reasons...
    mostly.. because it may bubble.. and because removing it after painting is near impossible.. (and after a coat or two.. it will start to bubble.
    I suggest removing it now, before it becomes more of a hassle than it has to be..

very easy to do.. a little water and fabric softener detergent works great..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:11 PM on Jun. 13, 2009