What kind of birth control do you use?

I am going to have my mirena removed ...long story but its causing me a lot of problems...I am still trying to convince my husband to have a vasectomy so in the meantime need to figure out what to use. Does anyone use diaphragms anymore? I don't want to take a pill...I just want to let my system straighten itself out!! so...just curious what everyone else uses....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I always used the pill, untill my hubby got a vasectomy, then I had a hysterectomy :).
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:46 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• i used the depo, that way nothing to remember just go to a doc every 3 months and get a shot. i did pefer butt cheeck not arms (less soreness ) and i had no bad effects no weight gain no mood swings just normal. but stoped in nov cause i finally talked dh into the BIG snip lol or as he calls it his major sugery which went well he did it on fri and was back at work on monday morning.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 9:53 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• If you could im having problems to with my mirena also and i was just wondering if your having the same problems. Email me If you could that would be great. Thank you...

Yes women do use diaphragms or you can get on the patch.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 9:54 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I have the mirena.. and I am also curious as to what problems.... like if they are common or not??? I have had mine for 8 months and so far its good...
    mommy2b17MV

Answer by mommy2b17MV at 10:18 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I had a horrible experience with mirena...sorry to hear you are too. I was on depo but gained a TON of weight so I got off of it. The pill a low hormone one is ok, but I never felt quite myself. Lucky for me I am done having kids so I had a tubal with my last c-section. I used encare suppositories forever and they worked fine...just kind of took the spontaneity out of it.

salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:40 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• i had a mirena for 3 years.. loved it! No periods after the first 6 months.. and no weight gain, etc.. my sister, sister-n-law and many friends have it.. but I have heard an instance where they causes seizures but this person was prone to them to begin with.. anyway.. good luck on your search!
    Mom2Meredith

Answer by Mom2Meredith at 10:49 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• tubes tied!
    ivebcummymother

Answer by ivebcummymother at 11:13 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Vasectomy! My husband said it was easy as pie.

If I'd had to do something myself, I would have had Essure. http://essure.com/Home/Understanding/WhatisEssure/tabid/55/Default.aspx?gclid=CIu4jJmRhZsCFRAMDQodxCnMoA

JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:20 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• vasectomy
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 1:17 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• We use the rhythm method, early withdrawal, and condoms. That means during the relatively "safe" times of month (the week before and the week after my period), my husband withdraws when he's ready to finish. During the not-so-safe times, we use condoms. This method works great for us--we've been married almost 11 years and have 2 children (who were both conceived by not using condoms or pulling out during my ovulation time). We've never had an accidental pregnancy. I know these methods aren't 100% foolproof, but they've worked well for us.
    Anonymous