Dr Browns???

I've been using dr browns bottles since my son was born, but everytime i do dishes i hate that i chose to use them. They are a pain to wash and my son was pretty gassy so not sure if they even worked. ( i hope they did for the price of them lol) So i wondered if anyone who used them used them without all the inserts and if the change effected their baby at all. My DS is 5 months.

kelka24

Asked by kelka24 at 9:56 AM on Jun. 12, 2009 in General Parenting

• They lick bad if you don't use the inserts. Yes they take forever to wash but they worked so well with my daughter. You can buy the little brushes to clean them and i also use the nipple brush to get into the little spaces. The little brushes that came with the bottles are sold separately, i can get them at wal-mart.

raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 10:03 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I hate washing them too. When my son was younger he needed them to prevent gas, but after babies are active and sitting and crawling and can burp on their own they should do fine with a plain bottle.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 11:22 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• They didnt work for me either, not like they said they would. No matter what I did with them it didnt help or change anything so I changed bottles.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:42 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I LOVE THEM...after letting too many sit (and get nasty) we had to throw a bunch away. I tried buying the cheap bottles at the store since DS is 10 months, but I used them twice and decided not worth the money saving. (I had to keep pulling the cheap bottle out of his mouth so that air could get back inside and he was not happy with the frequent breaks.)
    I will never use anything other than Dr. Browns even though they are a pain in the butt to wash.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 1:20 PM on Jun. 12, 2009